GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

why gxy is a long term hold.

1. 1,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    I've been in GXY for over 12 months now and despite the disappointing SP, I see GXY as one of the best future LT growth prospects in my portfolio.

As we know, coal is a dirty source of energy and gas is becoming the preferrd fuel for electricity generation and electricity is the power of choice for end users.

Through the use of batteries (thanks GXY), vehicles will be able to switch from oil to electricity as the power of choice.

Think of the difference in global emissions when electric vehicles (using electricity generated by gas) are on the roads compared to what we are emitting now.

And here we have GXY, the soon to be vertically inegrated supplier of lithium batteries. The majority of this growth will come from Asia. One must ask themselves, does GXY have good ties with Asia and plans to be the dominant force in the Asian market? The answer is a resounding YES.

Are governments around the world (including China) offering incentives for consumers to switch from oil based transport to transport alternatives such as e-bikes, electric cars, etc. The answer is YES.

If you think electric cars are not going to be a dominant force in motoring over the next decade, why are all the major car companies spending huge money on R&D of electric vehicles?

If you still believe that we have an infinite supply of oil and electric cars are vehicles only purchased by haiwian t-shirt wearing hippies, where does the majority of the worlds oil come from? Unstable supply equals higher oil price equals increased "non greenie" pressure to reduce our reliance oil. How many of the worlds top economies are a net importer of oil?.... (Australia is one of them).

To quote Dieter Helm, professor of energy policy at the University of Oxford: "The hegemony of electricity is still in it's infancy. Electric cars transform the storage of electricity (it's in the batteries) and increase electricity demand - and lower demand for oil (because transport has been the main source of growth in demand for oil").

If you are a ST investor, perhaps GXY is not for you but for LT investors, I think GXY at it's current SP offers fantastic value.

IMO, Westfields, Coles, etc will all have electric car charging points for comsumers to use within the next 3 to 8 years.

Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.