SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Very interesting development today that I read as very positive....

1. 358 Posts.
    Very interesting development today that I read as very positive. Doing dome research this is why!

1. Talbot Group is liquidating ALL of its assets. No discrimination, just winding it all up. So it is no reflection on SDL or the other companies. The group have flagged this intention in the press for some time.

News: "The trustees of the Talbot Group are looking to monetize all the assets." End of story. They are caching up and at the $1 bill they have, that is plenty enough for them.

So - is this a sign of lack of confidence? NO.

2. Is Hanlong wanting a quick kill or to be a long term player in the big four. They are in it long terms and also - heavily invest in infrastructure. This is great as they would NOT be putting money into something that they were not very confident in. We definitely have a leg up here.

See news below and make up your own mind...

Hanlong Group is looking for acquisition and wants to acquire stakes in Australian companies to secure off take in key steel-making ingredients. Hanlong was planning to invest more than $5 billion and had already received significant support from banks for its expansion plans. Hanlong is expected to look at West Australia?s iron ore juniors and also make acquisitions in agriculture and renewable energy.

In a bid to become a major iron ore producer, Hanlong Mining Investment Pty Ltd is reportedly aggressively hunting for acquisitions in Australia. The move is in line with the Chinese miner?s strategy, seeking to bolster its iron ore operations and its global position. Hanlong already has a 56.8 per cent stake in Perth-based Moly Mines Ltd.

Hanlong spokesman Calvin Zhu told AAP the firm is looking for investment opportunities in iron ore and uranium. However, Zhu said good targets are not that easy to find, noting that the firm may take some time before landing an Australian buy. Even so, he added that the firm may consider both early stage projects and developing assets.

For large scale projects, Zhu reiterated that the firm is looking at infrastructure development together with mine development, investments he said go hand in hand in Australia.

Hanlong will look at funding road, rail and port infrastructure, with any extra funding for infrastructure to be in addition to the $5 billion already earmarked.

I think that says it all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.