CGF 0.29% $6.89 challenger limited

Why has the share dropped., page-100

1. 1,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1355
    @donnyk01

Here’s a (non-exhaustive) list of items I will want to check, in the half-year reports:

1) PCA ratio: I’d like it to stay above 1.40; anything lower would start making me nervous.

2) Reval of investment property and property-linked securities: I would expect a negative reval of the direct property investments between -5% and -10%; inferring a reval for stuff like RMBS/CMBS will involve some guesswork (as the corresponding Investment Experience won’t be provided separately, and there will be new business as well), but I would not want to see those securities depreciate (in % terms) by much more than the average of the fixed income portfolio.

3) Fixed Income reval: I would want to see the overall Fixed Income Investment Experience broadly in line with the corresponding (and offsetting) liability experience in the annuity book; underperformance of the asset side would be a concern.

4) Equity reval: I would not want to see the “Equity and Alternatives” component of the Life portfolio significantly underperform a basket of 50% ASX200 + 50% S&P500 (currency-unhedged) over the corresponding period.

5) Normalised NPBT: I will expect previous guidance to be achieved for the half year and confirmed for the full year.

6) Total Life Sales: I will want to see at least a small increase in Annuity Sales, and an increase in long-term annuities.

7) Life COE Margin: I would expect an improvement vs pcp, given the spike in risk premiums.

8) Funds Management: I’d be content seeing positive Net Flows, everything else would be a plus.

Let me know if there is anything unclear.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.89
Change
0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $4.761B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.99 $6.88 $7.286M 1.052M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1818 $6.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.90 13335 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CGF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.