CGF 2.23% $6.88 challenger limited

Why I’ve changed my mind on CGF, and some thoughts on sell discipline, page-19

1. 3,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 576
    Well, I held off selling for what sounds like much the same reason as you, I didn't want to pay full whack of tax by selling, in my case it's largely due to not having held for 12 months so I'm not eligible for the 50% CGT discount.
    It appears that incentive not to sell has helped me hold on through a rally I thought had likely extended too far, I'm still hesitant to sell based on still not hitting the 12 month mark, I would definitely be selling now if it weren't for that.
    Pretty happy with the colour green in my portfolio though, just have to do my best to ensure I don't get too greedy and remember to sell when I hit my valuation targets, for me that was $9-10, we are now through that and I don't believe the results I just read were enough to justify raising that valuation more than 50c at the most.
    I would now call $9.50-10.50 full value, anything over being overvalued.
    So now my call is full value but not overvalued and I generally move my sentiment to SELL when I think it's full value as I don't like to hold when it heads into overvaluation, this often leads to me selling too early, I also make the same mistake in buying too soon in the reverse scenario.

Ps: my sentiment is soooooo close to changing to SELL but not quite there, would love to hear any updated analysis from others, I'm not seeing this as a growth stock at this point as I previously had a few years ago, certainly dividend payout ratio supports that view IMO as otherwise more funds would/ should be getting reinvested into the business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.88
Change
0.150(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $4.754B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.82 $6.91 $6.72 $8.602M 1.257M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 580 $6.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.92 200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CGF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.