AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Why I am participating in the SPP

1. 463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306
    I thought I would start a new thread to encourage some debate on the pros and cons of participating in the SPP and to explain why I am participating. I am sure this will attract the usual trolls however, I do hope we can have a positive discussion and help others to decide wether they participate or not. Remeber you are responsible for your own decisions. The following is all my own thoughts and should not be treated as advice.

Up front I think this SPP format is rubbish. The uncertainty that goes with this type of placement only serves to benefit Patterson's and their clients. Unfortunately it appears this type of placement is the new norm and until money flows back into the resource sector and spec stocks in general most explorers will have to just lump it.

Why am I contributing?

Well I am a long term holder. My original buy in was at 4.1 and I rode it all the way to the highs and now back down to my buy in price. I took some profits on the way up ( around 18c however I also rebought back in on the way down and am now in the red.
    I am a long term believer in the deposit and the Electric revolution. So it is my belief that we will be rewarded in the long term. However, not without lessons learnt. Although I am not a trader I now understand how important taking profits on the way up is and not trying to catching a falling knife.

I belIeve wIth the money raIsed from the placement, management wll be able to get the project through to the feasIbIlIty stage and we can raIse funds to go mInIng

After watchIng a sImIlar raise last year whIch saw thats stocks prIce fall from 14.5c to 9c (final Issue prIce after 5day vwap) The stock then bounced between 9-10c for the next two months whIle Pattersons clIents took their profIts and moved on. I expect the same to happen here.

So why buy in the spp as opposed to buying in when the price drops after the placement? Well firstly I want the money going to AVZ rather then those taking short term profits. I would prefer to contribute my part in helping this company flourish.
    Secondly if we can oversubscribe the 5mil at least this leave no shares left for Patterson's clients (above the soph's 5mil placement) which means more stock in long term holders hands that will not be flushed for 10% - 20% profit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.