RHY 1.64% 6.0¢ rhythm biosciences limited

Why I believe it will be difficult for COLOSTAT

1. 1,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    This is going to be short and sweet. wink.png. Not really.

Blood-based testing (DNA/Gene/Protein/RNA etc etc) will be the way of the future.
    Stool testing is currently superior than blood-based testing such as Australia's Home Test Kit as well as many others such as Cologuard.

Not enough studies have been done to compare the participation of blood-based and stool-based. Even though there are studies that are contradictory to what my findings have found. Example, in France they prefer stool testing over blood testing. The urban population have a stronger preference over the population in the rural areas..

Blood-based testing is not done at home. Stool-testing is.
    Blood-based testing will involve at least one visit to the doctors or maybe pathology where the waiting time would be ridiculous as it is currently when you go to visit the doctor or the pathology (time consuming) and given everyone these days are time poor or just too busy to drive in the traffic and hectic daily schedules etc etc I find this somewhat a barrier to blood-testing. Even though surveys suggest 80% would prefer a blood-based test nobody really knows as it is likely to be a YES or No answer. that is what my research suggests..
    Blood-sampling - being an innovative and new product (various surveys throughout the launch and beyond), this will also add to the time wasting. The participation rate would not be good as not many fill out surveys (too time consuming) and it won't cover all the information required to know the best way forward. First time and subsequent surveys never do.

We all know the process of the stool-based CRC test that is provided by the NBCSP so wont go over the process.

In summary
    The likely scenario for blood-based is this in my opinion and research I have conducted.

- you may receive a blood test kit in the mail and/or having to make an appointment to see doctor to get a script then go to the Pathology and the results are communicated back to the doctor and then maybe you are called to come in and discuss results. (time consuming?)

- you might receive a script in the mail as well but still need to go to a Pathology for the blood test and again results are communicated to the doctor and again maybe called to come in to discuss results

- The studies about preference of blood-based and stool based are not in depth. It's a simple YES or NO answer. There has been no studies from my research that takes into account the above.

- Colonoscopy is the last test for both stool and blood based testing

This is one tiny part of marketing. Need to convince doctors and health professionals. It is even likely I say definitely) to strain the heath care system even more due to the use of more resources when opting for a blood-based test.

For any screening method, it needs to have less interaction with the healthcare system and blood-testing does not.. Currently stool-testing is covered by the health system and it's completely up to the individual to do it or not. Are we going to impede of one's freedom to not take a test like COVID19? Blood testing needs to overcome a lot of barriers for it to succeed in the short and medium term.

So I say TGA approval is not going to make RHY successful but it doesn't mean the share price won't go a lot higher as retail investors push this stock up like many other bio/pharma stocks on the ASX.

By the way RHY have a few jobs advertised on their website as well as on SEEK (BDM) - what a job description!

In the end RHY just needs to make money and engage top quality marketing firms to succeed in profitability and that won't happen for years in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $14.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.1¢ 6.2¢ 6.0¢ $7.244K 119.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 54512 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 144742 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.39pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.