BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

First, a few observations:1) I think BTA is by rights worth...

1. 357 Posts.
    First, a few observations:

1) I think BTA is by rights worth somewhere north of $3 a share. I see most of the value as being in LANI

2) I think that the near-term news around increasing Tamiflu resistance is very promising for BTA, and just might lead to a massive landscape shift in the next 6 - 12 months.

So why didn't I buy BTA today, and why don't I hold any of the stock at present?

In essence, it comes down to just ONE issue:

I am confused by what Piper Jaffray are up to, and think there is a real risk that my exposure to the asset that I really like - LANI - will be diluted by the company doing a deal in the USA just for the sake of "bulking up". I have had one conversation with management about why institutions don't like them / what their plans are etc. and received a message back that sounded something like "it's not our fault that there's no institutional interest in our stock. Instos only like companies that are worth $500 million +". . . .before some messaging around the fact that they were looking at all options for bulking up & raising additional capital to get the development pipeline further into the clinic.

Now - this really scares me. I would much prefer to hear the board make a very clear statement that they are not going to dilute shareholder exposure to LANI at any sort of discount to fair value.

If the company made the statement that I am looking for, I would be buying at current prices with my ears pinned back. I am happy to wait six years if that's what it takes for the market to wake up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.