why i dislike whining baby boomers

1. 4,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Did i ever tell you that baby boomers make me sick? (they and people born up to apprx 1960)

why? well, lets see. first of all too many wear their pants under their armpits, and they whine a lot, but.

1) they left school and WALKED into university for a FREE degree

2) The left Uni and WALKED into any job they wanted

3) They were able to buy a house for the equivilent of $150k in todays money, one that was near public transport and within an hour of their work

4) In the late 90's when their kids had mostly grown up they had spare cash, so the govt showered low interest rates, concessional CGT and negative gearing onto them, so they got to buy more houses cheap, and then bid up the prices

5) They are going to retire and we'll hear them whinge that their pensions aren't big enough, as they form grey power lobby groups. you'll see them at shareholder meetings, wearing cardigans, jumpers and twead jackets with leather sleeves, and carrying clipboards full of all their hard luck stories. they are th etype to demand answers from Lachlan Murdoch at an AGM about their $3500 stake in whatever company.

6) Because of their demographic bulk, the politicians will continue to kiss their butt

7) too many of them think they are clever and pontificate

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.