why i fired my secretary

1. 2,141 Posts.
    Two weeks ago was my birthday, and I wasn't feeling too hot that morning. Anyway, I went to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say "Happy Birthday," and probably have a present for me. But she didn't even say "Good Morning."

I thought, "Well, that's wives for you ... the children will remember."

The children came to breakfast and didn't say a word.

When I started to the office I was feeling pretty low and despondent. As I walked into my office, my secretary, Jane said, "Good morning, boss! Happy Birthday!" So I felt a little better ... someone had remembered!

I worked until noon. Then, Jane knocked on my door and said "You know, it's such a beautiful day outside and it's your birthday; let's go and do lunch, just you and me."

I said, "Okay Jane, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go."

We went to lunch. We didn't go where we normally go; we went out to the country to a little private place. We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously. On the way back to the office, she said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day. We don't need to go back to the office, do we?"

I said, "No, I guess not."

She said, "Let's go to my apartment."

After arriving at her apartment she said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom for a moment. I'll be right back."

"Sure," I nervously replied.

She went into the bedroom, and after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a big birthday cake, followed by my wife, children, and dozens of our friends, all singing Happy Birthday.

And I just sat there.

On the couch...

Naked

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.