why i hate this forum

1. 2,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    the posts on Bill Shorten and the alleged rape over the last year is a prime example of the worst aspects of social media.Unfortunately attacks like this are not uncommon,in fact they happen every day on hc.

Over the last year we have seen many posters go where even the most extreme in the LNP would not go.No reputable news agency reported the story.No politician EVER mentioned the story ,only in the last day to support Shorten.While it has been revealed it was common knowledge amongst politicians the story was ONLY ever posted on social media.No reputable journalist covered the story.
    Yet the story got plenty of posts here.......day after day

Those people should hang their heads in shame.

This is NOT an isolated example where postings on hc have been extreme and baseless,. It is the norm.

Similar example would include Gillard and as yet untested claims against her.

In fact most of the posting here is NOT about the political ** or a debate on policy its about spreading rumors and making wild accusation,name calling and personal abuse.That is why I hate this forum.

Most here just miss the point with postings because they are so caught up left/right,labor/liberal,right and wrong and this case is a good example.

If Shorten was charged,convicted and jailed for a crime he had committed that would be a good thing.
    The same for Gillard.
    Until that time it is highly inappropriate to make any judgements about the case particularly given no one here would have any substantive knowledge of the events.People were making judgements on political grounds and not the facts.That is why I hate this forum.

People who have defended Shorten on hc have done so not because of political alliances,rather to defend his presumption of innocents.Sometimes a comparison is made with similar behavior from the opposite side.....the discussion becomes a emotional exchange and the broader point is lost.
    Unfortunately political emotion usually wins over rational discussion.This happens all the time on hc
    That is why I hate this forum.

One would hope that this would serve as a good lesson to both sides,but particularly the right about making wild accusations and assumptions.Just go back check what you have posted on this matter and make an effort to never do the same again.

That an accusation about a single event nearly 30 years ago surfaced on public media when Shorten became opposition leader.And that before any testing of these claims Shorten was publicly execution on hc and other social media is a real worry for politicians and our legal system and our democracy.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.