LYC 0.26% $7.77 lynas rare earths limited

Why I invested money in LYC, page-23

1. 9,136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18355
    My take on what is happening in this market re-assessment is:
    1. Lynas become cash flow positive finally - probably the biggest key to rerating.
    2. A$ fall this year might be seen by market to improve competitiveness - the second most imporatnt factor
    3. The end game for the chinese strategy on rare earths was to take more control of end markets from Japan (electronics, magnets etc). Strategy has failed, partly because Japan has supported non-Chinese rare earth producers, and because of illegal exports from China. Remember when the Chinese embargoed rare earth sales to Japan in the 2010s. Coupled with China's move to capitalism, the stock market crash there, you can't make losses forever, so no surprises that the anecdotal evidence is showing a cut in Chiinese rare earth supply.
    4. China is starting to take their environmental reponsibilities more seriously so no surprises they are starting to crackdown on 'backyard' rare earth operations where the mining and production is not environmetally sound.
    5. Don't think this is pump and dump as volumes have been high for a little while now and the upward trend commenced around 1 October. Pump and dump doesn't happen over that time scale IMO.
    6. I wouldn't get carried away as this share has constantly disappointed but if the price keeps trending up and hits 10c by early Dec, or earlier, then you might be able to call the tide has turned.

All IMO IMO IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.