CTD 1.36% $11.93 corporate travel management limited

Why I passed on CTD., page-3

1. 1,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    Are you in equity analysis for a living? Better analysis than the majority of legitimate institutional analysis I see in my opinion, where often I see people fudging basic ratio analysis.

" i.e. if hedge funds short sell the stock and the price drops (it could easily halve) then this will effect the actual business model. i.e. the fundamentals of the business ARE affected by the price of the stock (something which is out of the control of an investor or management). "

This in particular isn't often looked at in typical equities valuation that I see, but is extremely important.

"Given that this will need to revert to 0% over time the current valuation looks to either be pricing in much increased M&A activity over time or a lot of “organic growth”."

Personally I agree with much of your analysis, this is the key to understand why it is slightly overvalued or set for a breather, but still a very strong option in the long term. When looking at the nature of the market, the breakdown of market share, industry growth and opportunity in this regard, the scale appears virtually endless. I haven't seen a legitimate criticism of the "continuation of acquisitions "the roll-up function" that you mention in this case, and the fact is that in this industry the runway offers 10-20x growth in this regard over the next decade. There are certainly risks in achieving that, but as of yet the only issue I see inhibiting this is your comment on the intrinsic link between fundamentals and price of the stock. The other issue is that I don't see a lot of fantastic opportunities in the growth sector of the ASX right now that are on fair valuations with respect to risk, and I think the market will continue to value equity in this company highly due to the success of management in implementing their acquisitive growth strategy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.93
Change
0.160(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $1.745B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.80 $12.01 $11.67 $6.586M 554.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1468 $11.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.00 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.