HIO 7.14% 3.9¢ hawsons iron ltd

Why I think long term holders failed each other yesterday

1. 1,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    This applies if you are the following:

• Long term holder of HIO - this means you have no intention to sell until production - it doesn't mean that you won't ever sell - it just means your intention is to hold to production.
    • Quite experienced in hot copper, trading, stock market
    • Not new to stocks, IPO's, projects, and all the shit that went on yesterday

What happened?

HIO has been rising in price steadily at 5% to 10% almost every day for 2-3 weeks now. Yesterday on 3/5/2022 things got way out of hand in terms of share price - noobs such as myself were FOMO big time and bought lots at $1.06. Remember that a 10% increase yesterday would have been equivalent in raw $ to something like a 30% gain just a few months ago.

Why have LT holders failed?

After the event there were people from all facets, long termers, traders, people looking to make a quick buck and exit, newbies, people who had no idea, etc. They all came out suddenly and said, ah yeah that was expected that pull back, unlucky to the suckers who bought in at the top. Those trader's have taken their gains. But what did we never see in the ENTIRE run up? I never saw once any negative sentiment, only positive - even from the experienced people who came out later and said yeah that share price was way out of control - none of these long term holders came out with warnings to protect real long term investors and believers, people that are not as experienced in the manipulation that occurred yesterday but have listened to you all and believed in HIO - after all it was declared a major status project by Australian government yesterday (yes - the exact same day as the crash!!!! coincidence??).

It is my opinion that long term holders actually contributed to what happened yesterday. After months of bashing anyone that came in and said something negative about HIO, telling them to leave the thread and go join another thread instead, there was nothing negative at all, it was time for sellers to strike. The long term holders created an environment that was perfect for the sellers to mop up.

Point being - don't be silent if you think things are getting out of control and you are a long term holder - you are only hurting yourself if you don't help the others on your side.

End game

There's people in here who are scared of big players coming in and mopping up retail profits, bidding for the company as cheap as possible down the track. This is something although I am a newb I understand this FULLY as it has happened to me many times - I pick a beauty of a stock for a 3x bagger but a private company comes out and bids for it at a premium of a measly 20% - this happened to me in AGL, OIL SEARCH (OSH.asx), some others I can't recall right now. I am here because you all, the HIO spruikers, told me this is going to production and that's exactly why I'm holding it - I don't want 20% I want 2000%.

THEREFORE - we should not let traders rip off retailers that hard - please scream out if you think current market price is way over the top relative to current project status. @Tran heard you comment on that you agreed it was bad to buy at that time - perhaps some commentary during those times whether you reckon the purchase price is GOOD relative to the CURRENT project status.

If we let traders get away with this kind of thing at that scale it will not be an invitation for current holders to steadily increase their holdings. We need to encourage real LT holders to give us more power and control when HIO gets closer and closer to production and when others come for our ownership in the project.

A better idea

I draw your attention to this chart which is what Google thinks happened yesterday. We gained nothing here and it would have been better for us to simply do nothing and ensure that the upward trajectory stays a bit more in line with reality.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4318/4318207-b13dfafb517bcaa7df3d7032a6786cac.jpg
    And don't forget Google's graph is actually wrong because it went way past 89c all the way to $1.06 or $1.07.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4318/4318275-29cd9d3f4ae3e4856fa6a3722155076b.jpg

Something like this would have been much better for us all:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4318/4318259-69a798e12275e081a9874a53db673e3d.jpgWe control the shares therefore we have significant control over how the price moves.
    Last edited by xbayrockx: 05/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.003(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $37.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 3.8¢ $130.6K 3.251M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 507814 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 113197 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.14pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.8¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 11.6 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 3.8¢ 973128
Last updated 14.51pm 19/04/2024 ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.