WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

Why I think that if IGO bids it needs to be at least $4.00 per share., page-232

1. 13,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1047
    I can’t see the relevance of the size of your rather modest purchase (merely enough for the deposit on a modest 2 bedder in a decent suburb, which might have done you better). I could also suggest you might have done better over your timescale on another mid cap miner, eg OZL. Might have saved you the heartbreak when IGO had their SIR moment.

As one who had a LT (6 digit) holding in IGO from 2004 through 2019 (and did quite well thank you) I had enough of their SIR episodes, and I do fear for IGO shareholders what IGO will do next if their takeover of WSA fails - they really desperately NEED it to maintain their battery materials story (rather than become just another lithium story). I could easily see bid failure lead to another SIR moment, couldn’t you?

Quite happy that I switched my Ni focus in 2019 to WSA, MCR and CZI albeit WSA has been a laggard.

WSA has a good asset. Imo there is still a good chance for a better offer, from IGO or from others. The fat lady hasn’t sung yet.

Amazing how vulnerable a single stock portfolio can be to luck, isn’t it? Here today, gone tomorrow?

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.