WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

' but the nickel price is much higher than it was before the...

1. 237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    ' but the nickel price is much higher than it was before the bid, and that extra is largely before tax profit.'

Ni price not just higher but much higher - albeit now a war premium being built in
    - keep in mind the DFS for Odysseus was done on a 7.50/lb basis, and the IRR at this level was generous enough to get the go ahead - we are now almost 12/lb

- I liked the part in the presentation last week where they said they were mining parts of FF outside of the reserve due to the high Ni price as it was profitable to do so - the price has gone up since that so I can imagine a scenario where they will be able to revisit every ore drive and scrape out all the dregs and extend the FF reserve materially (a mining engineer can maybe enlighten here). I imagine the same with S Quoll will be happening - makes for a robust production profile with the start of Odysseus

- interesting that a bit of trading above the 3.36 is happening - not large amounts but interesting nonetheless

- I will be voting no to the takeover - I don;'t think there's any premium built in at these Ni prices - I can see the 'independent' report being at some ridiculous low-ball 'long term' Ni price though

- If it is defeated, we're going to need new captain and crew - the way they gave in meekly to IGO, I think Dan is looking for slippers and a retirement village anyway - as a long term holder, even though we've wasted our reserves at low prices, I've always been impressed by WSA's consistency with their qtrly production reports (at least until recently) but they've never been able to translate that into runs on the financial scoreboard, so I'll be happy with a change at the top

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.