AVE 0.00% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

Why I will vote NO to Alyptus as the new company name

1. 5,953 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18402
    It pains me to write the following post. Those familiar with my posting know that I’m not one to kick the company when it’s down as a form of grotesque sport. However, I so hate the proposed choice of new company name that I believe that its awful possibilities need to be pointed out.  Sooner, rather than later.

Naming our newborns was a responsibility that my husband and I took seriously. ‘Creative” names like North West, D’oh, Rocket and Tsunami certainly weren’t on our name list.  Our firstborn remained nameless for several days while we took into account considerations such as the name’s pronunciation in both of our languages, undesirable likely abbreviations (eg. Richard – Dick), careless name combinations (eg. Richard Head), unfortunate sequencing of initials (eg. R.A.T.), length of name etc…..

Which brings me to the proposed new name for Phosphagenics – Alyptus. I hope no one was paid to come up with this name because I think it’s truly awful. Here’s why.

• Austen Tayshus and Billy Birmingham, anyone? At best, Alyptus sounds like a harmless pun from one of their routines. As in “I said to Lyptus ‘Wanna game of Eucalyptus’ “? At worst, Alyptus can be worked into a profane pun-based oath based on the word Eucalyptus.
    • I like a good rhyme. Unfortunately, I quickly noted that Alyptus would work a treat in a bad rap rhyme, paired with terms such as “tripped us”, “stiffed us” and “gypped us”.
    • Because it forms part of the word eucalyptus, Alyptus brings visions of leaves. I don’t want to be thinking of leaves. Firstly, thinking of leaves make me think of Phytotech and Ross Smith and I’d rather not. Secondly, Playez likes to read leaves.
    • As well as being suggestive of koalas’ favourite food, Alyptus also resembles a name you’d find in Greek mythology. Now I don’t see why the company would want to evoke Greek mythology. And I sincerely hope, if Alyptus was a Greek mythological creature, that he wasn’t related to Icarus.
    • Perhaps Alyptus is intended to reference “ellipsis”. To the lazy Aussie accent they sound similar. However, I don’t think it’s a great idea to reference a punctuation mark which denotes omission or hesitation…
    • ASX code ALY and ALS are already taken. Gulp! Surely they couldn’t give us ALP?

If the Board wants to change the company name, so be it, and I won’t object.  But I strongly suggest that if it wants to do so, the Board needs to seriously rethink changing the name to Alyptus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.923M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 29193465 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 52745197 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.23pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.