1) Pseudo-anonymous: the appearance – but not the reality of...

1. 122 Posts.

1) Pseudo-anonymous: the appearance – but not the reality of anonymity online. Look, just google "Bitcoin anonymous". You're not going to find anything that backs your claim that bitcoin is anonymous. And if anonymity is a big concern of yours, then boy I hope you never hear about this thing called "cash".

2) I wasn't comparing them. I was saying there's risk in anything you do. Bitcoin/Crypto is a lot riskier than traditional investment vehicles. Choose the level of risk that you want and accept the outcomes. Unfortunately there's a lot of people who don't understand the risk and don't understand the care & responsibility that should be taken when using Bitcoin/Crypto. Your hand will not be held. You may lose all your coins by incorrectly entering the address you're sending to. You may lose your hardware or paper wallet. You may lose your recovery phrase. Scammers will try to steal it. Know this before entering the world and if you don't want accept that risk level, then fine.
    Those who had their coins on those two exchanges I believe will be sh*t out of luck. I think you can claim stolen/lost coins as a capital gains loss now though.

3) Ok. As I said the immutability is in reference to the blockchain, not the protocol. A record of transactions that require no 3rd party to maintain/verify and that can never be altered.... Unless you could get enough mining rigs and use enough electricity to take over 51% of the network.

I mean I already did tell you things that had changed. Just google Segwit and Taproot. Or don't. I don't care. The fact remains that Bitcoin can and has changed. The limited supply COULD change. If someone writes the code, implements it, and the consensus of the network agrees then ANY change WILL happen. Immutability has nothing to do with this nature of Bitcoin.

4). Ok name it then. Should be easy enough. Name this asset that has equaled the growth of about a tenth of a cent to $50k USD in 12 years.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.