FML 0.00% 15.0¢ focus minerals ltd

why i'll vote no!, page-22

1. 875 Posts.
    Hi All,

Don Taig said, to get something, you have to give something away (or similar). This makes sense. it is normal business practice. I have been a proponent of the YES vote all along, however, I cannot form any worthwhile resolve around the 51% part of things. I want the cash, don't get me wrong, but if SD are in it for the profits, the gold or whatever else, then what can't they get for 49% that they can get for 51%. The 2% is control. I need more visibility around the 2% and what it does for us as shareholders. If this deal were based solely on commercial objectives, then all of these can be met with 49% investment in FML. If there is another motive, then you need the extra 2%.

I have posted many points favouring the YES vote, and I still believe they exist. I have not given enough creedance to the loss of control and why SD actually need 51% if their objectives are commercial only in nature (i.e. to grow FML and generate returns for the shareholders).

If the vote was today, I would probably toss a coin. This experience is not new in that the longer you have to ponder a decision, the more likely you are to question yourself.

Anyone else thinking about swapping teams on this one or am I alone?

Have a good night - erm - morning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.