IMU 0.00% 5.3¢ imugene limited

Vaxinia, IMU and market indexesYesterdays newsletter focussed on...

1. 113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 317

Vaxinia, IMU and market indexes

Yesterdays newsletter focussed on Imugene's progression with Vaxinia, their flagship cancer drug. If I can take a moment to recap herein on what Vaxinia is all about (see marketindex.com.au for more details):

How does it work?

VAXINIA works like this:

1. Imugene engineer a virus cell (VAXINIA) designed to hunt out cancer cells

2. VAXINIA is injected into the body

3. VAXINIA viruses introduced into the tumor/bloodstream infect the cancer cells and move towards lysis; the mode by which a virus kills a cell

Ultimately, Imugene is leveraging the mechanism of action viruses use to ‘hijack’ cells in the body and replicate, and then re-engineering that process in a way designed to eliminate cancer cells.

Viruses have evolved in parallel with humanity (and all life on Earth,) and are among some of the most ancient organisms alive; because of this, our bodies are used to them. With this in mind, Imugene’s medical team are hopeful the novel treatment can provide better outcomes than chemotherapy or radiation therapy.

The newly awarded safety profile for VAXINIA underpins the move ahead to IV injections

For those bemused at how ridiculous the share price of IMU is I can relate. Let's take a look at the IMU last year prior to the company making positive announcements regarding their CF33 and Vaxinia Trials.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5275/5275887-90b83c0d62b51b6233d6560645d84627.jpg

Chart courtesy of Market Index

Interesting isn't it? Yesterday @Outlander2 commented on Team Imugene's constant reference to the phrase "possible cure for cancer" when discussing their oncolytic viral therapies. Yet the share price has halved in value since they started dosing in their OV trials at higher (escalated) dosage rates. Since they started expanding these trials. Since they started using phrases such as "unequivocal evidence of cancer killing in humans".

It's unclear how long it's going to take the market to come up to speed with where Imugene are at with these revolutionary trials. I would have thought the SP would have taken off in May last year when Vaxinia was deemed safe to administer to cancer patients. In my opinion some market participants have been asleep at the wheel. But hey that's simply my opinion. I just don't think people have spent enough time analysing the true potential of Vaxinia given the size of the market within which it operates, nor the expertise of those developing and administering the drug to patients NOW in leading US and Australian hospitals. Sorry but taking all these factors into account the disconnect between the current SP and the value of Vaxinia today, given the stage it is at in the current MAST trial into solid tumour patients is IMMENSE. It's up there with the massive therapeutic zone from where YF started dosing patients at, to the level he can dose at, prior to toxicity coming into play. Is that over $1? No it's $$. Don't take it from me, study the dosage rates closely, consider the fact Vaxinia is being dosed in both IT and IV format, stand alone and in combination, in up to 10 solid tumour indications, in up to 100 patients, as we speak. If successful surely a Fast Track FDA approval could come as early as later this year or early next year. LC is in record as saying they have already amassed "so much data".

When YF's biopsies and histology from the current CF33 and Vaxinia trials have been assessed (as they are now), and then independently verified, which could happen any time in the next 60 days, I do believe that shall provide the catalyst for IMU to finally skyrocket toward it's future value. What that value is depends on the big players involved. Thankfully by then Team Imugene is not going to have to market the drug. Thankfully it's going to sell itself.

DYOR Opinions Only

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $387.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200358 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 61000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.40am 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.