IMU 4.82% 7.9¢ imugene limited

There are posts in support of IMU as an investment and posts...

1. 862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    There are posts in support of IMU as an investment and posts that are negative. My opinion is that the value proposition for the company has been improving. The market is an auction, numerous factors determine what a stock sells for, like investor sentiment and perception, competing investments, economics, companies performance etc... I can't really see what could seriously errode the value at this stage, presuming we are not being decieved on progress of the trials and potential. Possibly with all the research around the world on improving cancer treatments rival treatments could pose a threat. But its a large and growing market, with many variations in types of cancer and the biochemistry of patients, suggesting a multitude of treatments is required and the market can accomodate them (currently a large unmet need to treat solid cancers sucessfully and with minimal side effects).
    Has shareholder wealth been destroyed as some have posted? Or are we showing paper loses that time will correct. I had over $100,000 invested in stocks 3 years ago, now I have less than $20,000. My loss on IMU has been minimal, I bought some in the SPP and I had a small parcel at .085, I traded some others at a small profit. I can get out and stay out, hold, or get out and buy back in when things look more favourable. At this stage I will hold what I have and keep some cash for when I believe things are improving or have reached the bottom. It is not just IMU that is down. In this market I suspect the only thing that will bring a stock up to its value is a bidding situation in a takeover attempt. IMU is a prime candidate for acquisition by big pharma. This could be 6 months to 3 years away, my guess.
    Taureanbull has repeatedly posted that a primary problem with the stock has been inexperienced investors piling in with little research and then dumping when things turned sour. My performance over the last 3 years would suggest I am a poorly experienced investor and I do most of my research on HC. Research can definately be invaluable but some research can be misleading. Some situations research can be counter productive. Its value is best measured in hindsight. No matter how much research is done one still cant percieve all the factors that will determine a stocks progress or lack of. At the end of the day spec stocks like bio tech have risks. There are investors largely relying on technical analysis to choose stocks and buy and sell situations. Surely they will be as responsible for IMUs poor record as they follow the trend? I think some of the talk about research is to boost a posters importence and credibility. I should have cut my losses on the stocks I held sooner and I wouldnt have lost so much. Having stop losses is a valid investment strategy. I cant see how people can be blamed for taking profits or cutting losses no matter there experience level.

The next news I anticipate that could possibly improve the shares price is early November, the results of the phase 2 trials on Vaxina I understand? There was talk that the FDA could fast track some of IMUs treatments as early as this year. Is this still likely, I havent seen it mentioned for a while. Surely this would be a significant development?

Just my opinion, squarepants has no credibility I am told.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
-0.004(4.82%)
Mkt cap ! $578.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 7.7¢ $1.357M 17.06M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 735848 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 328052 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.0¢
  Change
-0.004 ( 4.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.2¢ 7.8¢ 7785002
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.