IMU 4.84% 5.9¢ imugene limited

Hi dear WasaYes indeed! The big Announcement came the day we...

1. 2,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12290
    Hi dear Wasa

Yes indeed! The big Announcement came the day we flew out of Paris, and with an overnight stop in Oman, then another in Sydney, we didn't get home till yesterday/Thursday, so our return travel has exactly coincided with this happy episode of share price recovery.

Travel did help distract me from the dismal share price lows, and having this positive share price revaluation made our homecoming even more enjoyable than I expected. We are still far, far below the previous high point, but I suspect the current surge still has some momentum and it will go further. (In time, with the usual fluctuations, much further).

But I'm happiest of all that the current surge is in response to excellent initial data from the patients in the Vaxinia trial.

Hey - let's call them "people" instead of "patients". People like any of us here. (For that matter - maybe some of the people on the trial actually are here on HC! ) Certainly many, or maybe most of us, have had a brush with cancer either personally, or through someone close to us. My Mum was not a "patient" - she was my Mother, and I miss her still. So this is all about people and most people, in my experience, are good people.

I mean, we are all of us faced with our own mortality, and we all have to deal with that each in our own way, but the thing which disturbs me most about cancer is not so much that it can end a life prematurely, but that it does so in ways which are often deeply unpleasant and undignified and which can greatly reduce the quality of the remaining life that you live. And then - to make things worse - most of the current "treatments" often further reduce the quality of your life, even if they manage to extend the quantity (and they often fail to achieve that anyway).

So I've been thinking about all the people in the Vaxinia study who have managed to achieve stable disease (or better) with a treatment which not only stops aggressive growth of their cancer (or reverses it) but which does so without significant side effects. I think the term Lesley used in the webinar was mild flu like symptoms "which then go away." I've been thinking about the fact that these patients have all had disease progression on at least two prior lines of other therapy - including chemo. One of them, LC tells us, has had their disease progress through six prior lines of treatment. Honestly - that sounds like torture to me. My heart goes out to them.

And now we have real clinical benefit, for a strong majority of the people evaluated so far, with a treatment which has only mild and temporary side effects. To me, that is a cause for enormous happiness.

It's still early days and yes, we need to see more data, from more people, over a longer period of time - but this is great news and it gives real cause for optimism that Imugene can help transform the quality of life as well as the quantity.

For that matter it is already proven that Imugene's B cell therapies also have minimal to no side effects and - subject to further data from the current Her-vaxx and PD1-vaxx trials - we may well reach the point where the B cell therapies are shown to increase quantity of life in a gentle, life enhancing manner. It was that prospect (with regard to Her-vaxx) which initially drew me to Imugene in the first place. I understand the same was true for you, friend Wasa.

So yes - by coincidence of timing our homecoming has come at a joyful inflection point for Imugene. And that at least gives me a happy thing to think about as I write this sleepless at 2 am in Northern NSW, while my body keeps thinking I'm in Paris and it's only 4pm.

Yep - it's all about timing....

Best wishes Wasa, and to everyone

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.003(4.84%)
Mkt cap ! $433.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.1¢ 6.3¢ 5.8¢ $2.926M 48.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1489666 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 1250588 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.