IMU 0.00% 5.4¢ imugene limited

This company certainly has some wonderful IP, but it is still...

1. 481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20112

This company certainly has some wonderful IP, but it is still unproven and still has some way to go before indefinable data is announced.

There is even a buzz on here that would have been shut down so quickly only a few weeks ago, what will be, will be and it just has to run it's course.

With all due respect to you @hawksbar, you are entitled to your opinion, though from where I sit these type of comments are verging on the erroneous. To assume Imugene's IP is unproven is an insult to the scientific team at Imugene and highlights the broader lack of understanding permeating throughout the retail investor community, and to a lesser extent the ASX investment community in the main.

Imugene's B cell platform (i.e., PD1 Vaxx and Her Vaxx) has exemplified proof of concept through both immune responses and extension of life well over and above the SOC. Their Oncarlytics arm has displayed significant tumour killing with a myriad of CAR T and allogenic therapies, to such an extent that it was granted an FDA IND in what could be viewed as record time. Their azer cel technology (currently in Phase 1b) achieved an 83 percent overall response rate, a 61% complete response rate with a 55 percent durable response greater than or equal to six months in a difficult to treat auto CAR T relapse setting.

Meanwhile when it comes to their flagship CF33/Vaxinia oncolytic virus platform their drugs are illustrating history defining results across the broad spectrum of solid tumour indications being presented by oncologists in extremely late stage cancer patients. In the City of Hope CF33 Check Vacc Trial signs of necrosis (i.e., cell death) were evident on nHIS imaging in late stage Triple Negative Breast cancer patients, at the relatively low doses of the drug imposed by the FDA. Moreover as late as last week Team Imugene announced to the ASX 18 of 25 patients treated in their ongoing Vaxinia (MAST) Trial had shown positive early signals when administered the virus via either IT or IV, irrespective of the solid tumour indication in their body. Many of these positive signals when administered Vaxinia as a monotherapy I might add. Despite being treated at low dose rates of Vaxinia, and in spite of the fact they had previously failed on all other treatment arms prior (i.e., chemotherapy and other monoclonal antibodies), 72 percent of patients showed signs of initial tumour change (i.e, tumours turning hot), only to be followed by tumour regression (i.e, reduction is size), dIminishing if not possible elimination in a few instances (see CR/PR) patient outcomes. 16 out of the 25 patients reviewed at a snapshot in time during the existing Vaxinia (MAST) Trial have experienced disease stabilisation. This is truly remarkable when one reflects upon the fact they were administered relatively low levels of Vaxinia at a time when their immune systems were no doubt severely compromised, as consequence of extensive prior line treatments. From an ongoing oncology perspective one can only assume patients administered higher dosage rates of Vaxinia in the trial from here on in are to see even more positive signals and immune responses, according to comments made previously by Vaxinia’s founder The esteemed Professor Yuman Fong.

This is not hype, nor does it represent unproven intellectual property in any way shape or form. For my way of thinking the only reason it would have been shut down a few weeks ago is due to the fact a poorly constructed (but much needed) CR was at the forefront of investor minds. The current buzz surrounding the stock is due in most part to the coming of large institutions to the IMU share register, who in the week past have been tripping over themselves, and indeed any retail investor or trader who has tried to get in their way, to obtain a piece of what is now ostensibly proven medical treatment. The only reason the stock is not trading at levels comparable to the IP it currently possesses is due to the absence of even larger biotech institutional players such as Baker Brothers from the IMU register, coupled with the stocks lack of presence on the much more sophisticated NASDAQ or US bourses. My post last night focused on the Imugene competitor Replimune, who does an excellent job in promoting their wares through ongoing announcements and correspondence with shareholders (see https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/why-imu-is-a-multi-multi-bagger.5431324/page-308#post-70849608). It goes without saying irrespective of the fact Replimune is largely reliant of their flagship OV RP1, which in my opinion does not have near the application CF33/Vaxinia does, Baker Brothers are present on their share register (see herein).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5728/5728571-9f14ddbdaf236def44a4c18aa92219c5.jpg

It is not hype to state what is the fact that IMU’s intellectual property is way undervalued when one looks at the direct competitors in their space. When one compares Imugene to their current competitors NASDAQ valuations, M&A activity pertaining to previous sales in their market segments and forecast revenue for each of their products, even when one applies significant cashflow discounts, the stock should be trading at well above the 62 cent highs of previous years. T Vec, a predominantly blood borne CAR T sold for more than the entire IMU market cap over a decade ago (taking into consideration upfront and milestone payments). Azer cel alone stands to be the first FDA approved best in class allogenic therapy and its inception to the IMU fold has barely raised a whimper when it comes to the company’s market cap. I have shown time and time again how OV’s such as RP1 ( see skin cancer - melanoma indications) are worth 4 to 5 times the price attributed to CF33/Vaxinia, when at the same time Imugene’s potent and powerful OV’s have displayed positive signs (see above) in the much more lucrative solid tumour arena. And this is not to forget PD1 Vaxx, having produced outstanding Phase 1 results in the burgeoning non small cell lung cancer market.

People and the market with them may or may not choose to look at Imugene (IMU ASX) as an overhyped stock. But if they were to take a deep dive into the broader immunotherapy space and review what Team Imugene has achieved, from a fundamental perspective, I am confident they would be happy to pay well over the 50 cent price tag (or thereabouts) being forecast for the stock by analysts including Diamond Equity Research and Roth Capital. Funds permitting I know I would. Anyone who assumes CF33/ Vaxinia is not destined for ultimate FDA Fast track approval as a significant breakthrough therapy under the guise of Biden’s Moonshot project, is living in Fairyland, in my opinion. When indeed approval does come to pass, all the discussion surrounding IMU, hype, meme stocks and buzz is going to be cast aside once and for all, with cents being thrown out the window in return for dollars. Watch this space.

DYOR Seek investment advice as and when required Opinions only

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $396.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.6¢ 5.3¢ $537.6K 10.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 207796 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 1452903 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.