IMU 0.00% 5.3¢ imugene limited

Why IMU is a multi multi bagger, page-20042

1. 583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970

Hi @Watmighthavben

For the sake of the silly season, I will enter a side of the debate I usually don’t ... the possibility of a take-over. As most know, I feel much more comfortable, and interested in, the science.

Ben, I believe you are on the money when you say ...

“I would think a takeover at this stage would be more likely from a hedge fund, large Asian institution, private equity firm or sophisticated investor(s), than BP. They are more likely to act before announcements, why on earth would they wait to pay a higher price?

In 2023 Private equity (PE) deal activity continues to accelerate as firms get greater visibility into interest rate trajectories and macro volatility begins to recede. In the third quarter, PE firms announced deals valued at US$101b”

I also believe that if a move was to come prior to further key announcements, it will be a large Private Equity (PE) firm. Punters should take to time to understand how firms, like Karst Peak Capital or Baker Brothers, a hedge fund, operate.

It was Karst Peak, based in Hong Kong, that became a major holder in Neuren (NEU), before that company achieved its stellar Phase 3 read-out for Trofinetide in Retts, and well before the latest Phelan McDermid read-out. Karst Peak have made vast sums by jumping into promising bio-techs.

Baker Brothers is US based, and also operates in a similar way. Brothers Julian and Felix Baker have earned guru-like status on Wall Street via their clever acquisitions in the Bio-tech world.

I know Ben would be able to identify a long list of PE players that could, potentially, take an interest in IMU.

It would be one thing, for one of these PEs to take a large stake in IMU, but I would be somewhat concerned if they were interested in an ‘early’ takeover. In those circumstances, I don’t believe we would see anywhere near our best outcome. I would much prefer to see IMU ‘nail’ the azer-cel trials in NHL and then combine it with Vaxinia, to change the paradigm in solid cancers treatment.

Have a wonderful New Year (or, as the Welsh would say ... Blwyddyn Newydd Dda)

The opinions above are those of a poster who has NO financial expertise, at all
    , so most happy to hear counter views.

Last edited by Outlander2: 31/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $389.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $188.8K 3.516M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 141231 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 22869 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.