IMU 3.77% 5.1¢ imugene limited

Hi Hawkbar33, Nice to see your reply. Just a quick response from...

1. 708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    Hi Hawkbar33, Nice to see your reply. Just a quick response from me before I clog up the thread again.

Yep, it would be great to see CF33 effectively treating Meso. During my work life, early attempts to fight the disease were made with very large doses of Vtamin A. From memory I don't think this was very successful. There were other possibilities but it seemed the only good advice was not to smoke if you were a risk from severe exposure. I am unaware of any promising major research projects, but there may well be. Probably a few unlisted companies also.
    There was a move by the building trades unions (mainly the CFMEU), for the compulsary removal of AC sheeting but this did not eventuate. The cost would have been prohibitive and the emphasis was placed on testing by occupational hygenists of workplaces where airspaces and surfaces were likely to be contaminated. The hysteria around the dangers decreased over the years (I well remember a concerned mother demanding a nearby house being demolished be completely wrapped in plastic before the AC eaves were removed).
    If managed in accordance with the code and regulations, I believe there is no significant health risk from AC sheeting. However the illegal dumping and even burying in the backyard is of concern. There has also been some terrible acidents and deaths caused by workers and homeowners accessing AC corrugated roofs. The large spacing of supporting roof timbers was sufficient when the AC was new but the effects of sun and rain over the years makes the roof vey fragile and a huge hazard to walk on.
    Meso can strike you even 30 years or so after exposure. I am 86 years and am not now personally worried when I carefully work with AC. Heck, I dont buy any long term magazine subscriptions anymore...........I have even stopped buying green bananas. That was meant to be funny!biggrin.pngsmile.png

best wishes...........Learner

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.002(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $373.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $669.7K 13.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1074997 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 1209633 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.