IMU 6.10% 7.7¢ imugene limited

Quality post, as always. You have been on fire lately, setting...

1. 420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3356
    Quality post, as always. You have been on fire lately, setting an extremely high bar for research and being an all-round top bloke. The same goes for some of the other usual suspects.

I certainly agree about MASTs brilliant design. The Phase I 'Basket design' is a function of CF33 and what it was designed to do - seek out and kill every cancer. So it makes sense that they chose to treat multiple cancer types and delivery mechanisms. I guess it all stemmed from the robust preclinical data Dr Fong and his team did and continue to work on. Having killed all NCI-60+ cancer types, IV & IT administration + intraperitoneal coupled with the therapeutic window being huge, the trial makes a lot of sense.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5899/5899225-9e623ca8d21e930d5276b9187abc07ea.jpg

As the above image suggests, Phase Is is mainly for safety. But what if you have safety in spades?? Well, it seems like IMU has this in CF33; I remember Dr Fong speaking about CF33's therapeutic index (see below), which should help provide some further info on what IMU is trying to figure out with CF33. One thing I have been really curious about is how high the dosages would need to get to find RP2D; Leslie mentioned that at the end of last year, they were interrogating the Cohort they believe they will be using for the expansion trial, which was Cohort 4 I believe, but based on yesterdays announcement, they are still dose escalating. This can only mean the efficacy and signals they see are only improving. Although it would be great to get the expansion trial started, it makes a lot more sense to keep increasing dosages to get to RP2D first. So we wait.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5899/5899238-09a0742c3e62fba36faed0022ba2c235.jpg

Cohort 5 dosage is at 3x10^8; we know that current results have been on "mid dose", and the CR has been cancer-free for 400+ days. As can be seen below, the CR was from 1x10^7, and the PR from 3x10^7; patients dosed most recently in Cohort 4&5 are receiving 10 to 30 times more CF33. So, even though the results have been very compelling so far, I genuinely believe we are still in the early part of the 'Increasing Effect' curve in the left diagram below. It is also plausible we haven't seen anything yet regarding efficacy. Now, couple that efficacy with non-existent toxicity, and the story gets even better.

?temp_hash=d420905c327791f05e360b4da1732d1chttps://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5899/5899232-2af68ed66b99adaa46bbd6102f2a0974.jpg

Great points also Davy, about the new process the FDA has implemented, things like Fast Track, and Accelerated Approval have all been introduced to expedite promising therapies. Even the 'Expansion Cohorts', which IMU is taking advantage of, have been introduced to speed up the approval process. Expansion cohorts allow for quicker interrogation of different aspects (safety, pharmacokinetics, antitumor activity) of a particular therapy and be able to do so on different populations. See more FDA Expansion Cohorts here; one excerpt that could be very relevant to us if things go well is below:

"In the exceptional situation where data from an expansion cohort may provide primary support for a marketing application, the protocol should contain provisions ensuring adequate data quality, independent review of tumor-based endpoints, and justification of the selected dosage regimen as well as a prespecified statistical analysis plan."

As noted in the exerpt, among the big changes around drug development the FDA has been including 'surrogate endpoints', 'Anti tumour activity' and 'tumour-based endpoints' as relevant targets to aim at, instead of the more time-consuming endpoints such as progression-free survival and overall survival. With this in mind, hNIS could be instrumental, as you'd note on recent results for MAST and in the above image, IMU makes specific reference to "Best viral replication detected by SPECT" relative to responses. This, along with commentary released in the ASCO presentation discussing a changing anti-tumour microenvironment activity, suggests that the approval path could well be through these endpoints. This all becomes extremely relevant when you consider the below. IMU already had it's sights on an expansion cohort in cholangiocarcinoma and biliary tract cancers (also note these do not form part of the NCI-60), but we now also see head and neck looking like the next candidate with others to be determined. IF all goes well with these, it's possible the next step could be registrational phase II trials for multiple indications. Huge.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5899/5899290-8abbf370467023d5900fc07c14e92839.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing what other indications are coming, but as you, Zior and others have mentioned, IMU being successful in these hard-to-treat cancers will certainly make BP and the oncology world's ears prick up. That's if they haven't already. And it will bode well for approvals across other indications much quicker.

But as always, first things first. CF33 needs to get to RP2D first, then we'll really get an indication of what it can do, and the ultimate safety/toxicity associated with that dose level. From a commercial aspect, it's doubtful IMU would be entertaining any deals for the CF33 platform, why would they?! They are already seeing a positive correlation with with efficacy and higher dosages, it makes sense to continue that process until the most efficacious dose is determined and expansion trial are underway. I for one am happy to wait.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Jov88: 21/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
-0.005(6.10%)
Mkt cap ! $578.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 7.7¢ $1.486M 18.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 1124472 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 633207 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.17pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.6¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 7.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 7.6¢ 8354923
Last updated 15.37pm 06/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.