IMU 1.43% 7.1¢ imugene limited

"Taking $25 billion out of the immunotherapy market when...

1. 862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    "Taking $25 billion out of the immunotherapy market when Keytruda runs out of patent life opens the door for drugs such as PD1 Vaxx, Imugenes B cell candidate currently being trialled in lung and gastric cancer".
    Thank you for the reply Ben.
    I dont see it as taking $25B out of the market. Merck will still be producing keytruda, possibly in altered forms and generics will be available at a discount to present prices. The market for cancer treatment is presumably growing each year but possibly keytruda will still have a significant market share. Hopefully by 2028 Imugene has FDA approved drugs competing for market share and they are more effective than keytruda in many instances so command premium prices. I say hopefully but it seems to me it is a foregone conclusion. Merck is going to see a drop in profits from Keytruda and is indicating it will try and make up the shortfall with biosimilars or new products it aquires.
    I am wondering what effect keytruda available at discount through generics after 2028 will have on the market for cancer drugs? If new drugs are far better or at least with fewer side effects they can command higher prices, but I think it possible keytruda will still be considered competitive in many situations and that it will probably be one of the more affordable options.
    It is not a big deal, demand will be there and BP will be making profits. But it seems to me there are no gaurantees and deals will be negotiated with caution. Newer drugs will be getting market share from other treatment avenues not just the patients currently on keytruda.
    Last edited by squarepants: 11/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $519.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.3¢ 7.0¢ $835.1K 11.69M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 1246538 7.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 245169 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.2¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.0¢ 7.3¢ 7.0¢ 4314321
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.