IMU 0.00% 5.4¢ imugene limited

e:VAXINIA(CF33 + hNIS) clinical trialbyRock_Robster»Tue Mar 26,...

1. 481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20112

e:VAXINIA(CF33 + hNIS) clinical trial

byRock_Robster»Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:02 am

Just a very short update - had the 2nd dosing today, along with a lot more bloods, swabs etc plus a SPECT scan (which was new to me). The intratumoural delivery into the liver has been fine so far, but I have to say the flu-like side effects have been real! A decent fever on most days, serious fatigue, and some liver pain which is apparently to be expected. They seem happy to be seeing signs of a decent immune response, which hopefully will correlate with treatment effectiveness too.

I'm confident that not just @davybabyk and me, but that all our hearts go out to Rock_Robster, from the colon cancer support group. With what would appear to be a decent immune response let us hope Vaxinia has infected their dastardly solid tumours, turned them from cold to hot and increased the swelling of their lesions, commencing the process of replication post the initial infection.

Hearing and listening to patient stories makes the work of Professor Yuman Fong all the more real. Having saved many lives from colon cancer as a surgeon, it is exciting to now visualise his own research coming to fruition, as he assumes the role of researcher. Although surrounded by a team of up to 100 professionals at the City of Hope, it goes without saying Vaxinia was and is ostensibly "his idea". An idea now potentially promising to make a considerable difference to those most in need, such as Rock_Robster. An idea subsequently spawning many more ideas, such as that of Oncarlytics, from other brilliant minds such as Saul Priceman MD.

Its a difficult task that of trying to equate share price values to innovative medicine. Yesterday I blew past one poster saying what a joke it was that Imugene had a market cap of $600m, not that I paid too much attention. Then we had @Steini penning a much more worthwhile post wherein he questioned Paul Hopper of Imugene's future pricing of IMU, if indeed another CR is required later this year. As he correctly noted Imugene should be priced at a significant premium, when one compares, or should I say contrasts, their portfolio to that of stocks such as Arovella. But once again we may not need to look much further than the ongoing Vaxinia (MAST) Trial to join the dots between clinical trial results and valuations when it comes to Imugene. Given the now public nature of the ongoing Vaxinia trial, the recognition from the FDA and the recent media surrounding Professor Yuman Fong, the forthcoming April 9 Presentation at the AACR in San Diego is sure to provide investors in IMU with a catalyst, either one way or another.

But whether the stock pushes through the $1 mark this year or continues to stagnate as a result, is sure to be of little consequence to patients such as Rock_Robster. Their results have nothing to do with share prices nor numbers, they're a bit more important than that. And I for one am hoping and praying they reflect a significant reduction in overall tumour burden. Now that would be something much more worthwhile than an uptick in the IMU share price.

Thx again YF.

WMHB
    Last edited by Watmighthavben: 27/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.