IMU 0.00% 5.8¢ imugene limited

Why IMU is a multi multi bagger, page-22305

1. 464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19819

Hi Dave,

I missed this post but would like to add to your summation if I may.

Aside from the Vaccinia virus there are multiple oncolytic virus strains including but not limited to Reovirus, Herpesvirus, Adenovirus, Newcastle disease virus, Coxsackievirus, Measles, Poliovirus, not to mention many other strains of oncolytic viruses. For those unaware CF33 is the 33rd virus trialled and tested by Professor Yuman Fong of the City of Hope Cancer Research Facility in Los Angeles. Vaxinia is the potent parental strain of CF33. Given the complexities and sophistication inherent in designing Professor Yuman Fong's oncolytic virus today's announcement of patent acceptance in some of the worlds largest markets is even more valuable. As Imugene MD & CEO Leslie Chong said: “Imugene receiving patent grants for the CF33 family of oncolytic viruses is a crucial step forward and with China, Japan, and South Korea being the largest healthcare markets in Asia, this is a particularly important patent milestone.”

Vaxinia is the potent parental strain of CF33. Pox viruses are unique among DNA viruses due to their ability to replicate only in the cytoplasm of the host cell, outside of the nucleus. History tells us of the viruses administration to eliminate small pox. Smallpox had been an endemic human disease that had a 30% fatality rate. In 1796, the British doctor Edward Jenner proved that an infection with the relatively mild cowpox virus would also confer immunity to the deadly smallpox. Wikipedia notes Allan Watt Downie demonstrated in 1939 that the modern smallpox vaccine was serologically distinct from cowpox,and vaccinia was subsequently recognized as a separate viral species. Whole-genome sequencing has revealed that vaccinia is most closely related to horsepox, and the cowpox strains found in Great Britain are the least closely related to vaccinia. I have written extensively on this topic in previous posts.

My point being to compare or contrast Vaxinia to other oncolytic viruses is not practicable given the different DNA genomes involved in their composition. Whilst as you correctly mention in your post to examine if not assess Vaxinia based upon the initial relatively low dosage rates imposed on Imugene by the FDA in their ongoing dose escalation trial would be rather farcical, taking preclinical results into consideration.

WMHB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $424.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.6¢ $1.032M 18.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 90000 5.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 744737 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.03 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.6¢ 4924782
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.