IMU 6.67% 7.0¢ imugene limited

I always take Trent entering a stock as a sign it is getting set...

1. 1,285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 559
    I always take Trent entering a stock as a sign it is getting set for some serious shorting. Shorters don’t make money from steady or rising prices, and they simply take advantage of poor sentiment. Trent called 4c a few days ago, which is at the moment a bit far fetched on face value but we do need to prepare for a bit of pain. Personally I don’t really care what the SP reads as I am here for the very long haul.

Some believe the SP is a tell tale sign that there is impending doom and their investment is therefore at risk. Fear turns into negative commentary, spreads, picking up passengers, which in turn plays right into the hands of those waiting to short IMU. Negativity, doubt, fear, shorts increase and down she goes.

The best way to deal with this IMO, is if one is quite confident about their investment, and can hold through the negative cycles, even embrace the bottom for buying potential, eventually it turns around and the SP must at some point rise again. The ups and downs such as we are witnessing now are a complex mixture of fear, greed, negative sentiment based on disappointment with the Company (IMU), and shorting. The shorts may have been pretty much the same for a while now, but shorters can hold onto their loaned shares until they see the opportunity. The recent catalyst of a lack of news as perceived by some who then post negative sentiment that feeds the fear, and shatters the confidence of others, has created a nice environment for the shorting. Hence those holding short positions but sitting quietly on the sidelines, will now band together and push down hard. They see their profit opportunity developing.

Long term investors IMO should not be too disheartened by current events. It is a natural part of bio tech market play, maybe IMU a bit more than some.

Remember, while negative sentiment seems to grow here, from what is IMO a collective of manifested disappointment borne out of hyped up expectations that did not play out for some; conversely, like the end of last year, when great news led to a three fold increase in the share price, a repeat of this type of data release will see a massive increase in purchasing, burning of shorters, and very fast rises in the share price.

I personally can’t see why recent events is sufficient to cause such negative sentiment amongst holders, but each to their own thoughts. IMO, it is a case of business as usual. The fundamentals and end game with IMU to me remain the same, if not better.

If you feel that posters from outside such as Mason are good enough to sway you, then that is on you. Have any of you thought that it seems coincidental that Mason enters recently at the same time as our usual shorting suspects and other down-rampers?

Providing an alternative viewpoint is expected and when done with sound opinion that allows for common sense debate, it is helpful, but beware of the sudden increase of down-ramping comments from both non-holders and holders. That said, also beware of sudden unwarranted up-ramping too.

GLTAH. Stay calm. Do you and be wise. smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
-0.005(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $512.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.4¢ 7.4¢ 7.0¢ $2.443M 34.23M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
53 3270437 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 551000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.1¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 5.46 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.3¢ 7.3¢ 7.0¢ 14343085
Last updated 15.59pm 09/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.