IMU 6.10% 7.7¢ imugene limited

Sheesh @hotdogrob, you’re calling BS on my 1 tiny line? Ok, but...

1. 1,267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 542
    Sheesh @hotdogrob, you’re calling BS on my 1 tiny line?

Ok, but if RI just sit on their hands, how can traders clean up? Traders have to buy from somebody and sell to somebody to make their money on a pip or two. Unless they agree to make money from each other, is it not retail who are the bunnies? Not all RI are as dumb as some traders like to make out they are, but at the end of the day, traders are generally selling off a few at highs and buying back at lows for their profit margins I assume? That means someone usually has to win, and someone has to lose. It isn’t personal, it’s just the market. Unfortunately, those RI without experience, or enough savvy, will ultimately hand over their hard earnings to someone who profits. It isn’t always the case but it does happen.

I’m a RI. I’ve been bitten before, more than once. My goal with IMU though, is to hold very long term for the end game and I will not sell off until I have decided to get something back at least, if in fact it ever does die a horrible death. I just don’t see that, and I think I will profit quite nicely down the track.

Truth is though, many RI buy a stock like IMU, without knowing what they are really getting into. They get sucked in firstly by buying when the stock appears to be on an upward trajectory, hold for a while, waiting for further upside. Then after not getting anywhere, and due to downward pressure on top of a stale share price, traders, Instos, and shorters all come together and work against them. Whether or not that is intentional is out of my understanding, but it seems to always be a perfect storm. So, then, inevitably, many RI cut their losses, give in, and give up. That is what I meant by being played. Does that make sense?

Regarding management, I’m fairly sure management of many companies hardly ever buy with their own funds. Why would they? The large proportion of their earnings comes from shares given to them for just being in management. Sometimes you see some on the board buying on market, but it is unusual. That goes for many big companies too. Of course, they should be meeting set goals to earn those shares, which for most companies is not that hard to achieve. That is how it is.

I held Droneshield last year for months. Their management were handed lots of shares and options, then all sold off a massive quantity of shares pretty much at the same time, taking huge profit, which caused the SP to almost halve. I sold off later with a small loss. I learned my lesson. They did it again this year, but had I have still held, I would have also sold, then bought back in after the drop. Live and learn. This is the markets and it’s dog eat dog, and like it or not, at the end of the day, management like money too, and if they can get it by selling off free shares, they will. I don’t have an opinion about the morals or ethics in that. I just know it happens and I can’t do anything about it so I don’t care. I choose to invest knowing that it exists.

I got in after the Hopper fiasco that everybody talks about, so I don’t have any opinions about that either. My concern is where IMU is heading and I believe it is still on track to make us money despite the doom and gloom being portrayed by some. That is my only real concern. IMO.

I wasn’t sure what you were getting at in response to my 1 liner, but I thought I would have a go at answering it. I may not be on the right track in understanding what it is you are calling BS on. Hey, I’m on your side though. I’m a very hopeful holder too.

GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
-0.005(6.10%)
Mkt cap ! $563.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 7.6¢ $1.931M 24.42M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 1392733 7.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.7¢ 140950 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 6.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 7.6¢ 9515046
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.