IMU 0.00% 5.4¢ imugene limited

@AICp you note PD1-Vaxx only started Ph2 clinical trial in...

1. 481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20112

@AICp you note PD1-Vaxx only started Ph2 clinical trial in January, I'm not expecting any update for at least 12 months since they started.

Not sure what PD1 Vaxx you are referring to but my post of yesterday was referring to Imugene's B cell vaccine developed by Professor Pravin Kaumaya of the Ohio State University. The first patient was dosed in Imugene's IMPRINTER Trial for the drug almost one year ago now on June 5, 2023, (i.e., when this video was filmed - see above). By way of background this is the first of Imugene's clinical trials to accept "naive" patients, in other words those who have not yet received front line treatment from another therapy arm, ie., chemo or Keytruda. Hence the immune system of those participants should be somewhat stronger, receptive to treatment and more resilient than those who have undergone and relapsed from other therapies (see here).

As Leslie points out in this interview PD1 Vaxx resulted in a patient remaining free of lung cancer years after first receiving Professor Kauyama's B cell vaccine, which was deemed both safe and low in toxicity during its Phase 1 dose escalation trial in Melbourne, Australia. Given PD1 Vaxx is designed to treat lung cancer, a market forecast to accrue $88 billion USD per annum by 2032, the stakes are high. Keep in mind these drugs command 4 to 5 times peak sales on the open market and PD1 Vaxx's prime competitors Keytrda and Opdivo earned $17.2 billion and $8.5 Billion USD respectively in 2021. A few months ago Roche, the owner of the drug PD1 Vaxx is combining with in the aforementioned clinical trial announced Tercentriq brought in CHF 3.77 billion in sales, good for a 9% increase year over year at unchanged exchange rates. It's worth noting PD1 Vaxx has the added benefit of being much cheaper to manufacture than these three drugs.

Therefore unlike you I am expecting big things in the near term from this ongoing clinical trial entitled IMPRINTER, for Pravin Kauyama's PD1 Vaxx. Given the market size, PD1 Vaxx's initial success at lower dose rates and the fact some patients are in the early stages of lung cancer, there is much to like about this trial. As noted yesterday at present https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/study/NCT04432207 has an actual enrolment figure of 24 patients. Further to which Imugene's website highlights the mono therapy arm of the ongoing trial as having been completed.

Perhaps someone in touch with the company can let us know when news is to be forthcoming of patients on the trial. I know the 25th Annual International lung cancer Conference is on July 27 this year, but I'm unsure if Imugene are presenting.

DYOR

Nb. In addition to the IMPRINTER Trial PD1 Vaxx is currently being trialled in the UK with colorectal cancer patients

Last edited by Watmighthavben: 02/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $396.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.6¢ 5.3¢ $537.6K 10.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 207796 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 1452903 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.