IMU 3.77% 5.1¢ imugene limited

Hi All, First post ever on HC, I usually don't post but just...

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53
    Hi All,
    First post ever on HC, I usually don't post but just read. Many thanks to the long time posters on IMU HC thread, especially @Zior @slick @fattchoi @unbelievable, have learnt a lot and very interested in the TA posts.
    Yesterday's trading was crazy. Have a theory that brokers must have started accumulating IMU shares since the MSCI Global Small Caps index announcement came out around 13 May 2021. Seems that the SP and volume started increasing from around that date onwards. There are a few (not many) passive funds that follow the MSCI Global Small Caps index, and these would have had to buy in IMU shares on 27 May. Being passive funds tracking the index, they are unlikely to have been able to buy in before then, hence the use of the brokers to accumulate (likely) and to buy in on 27 May 2021 itself. Can't explain the huge coordinated sell-off though, but likely tree-shake as many posters have mentioned in order to generate more shares on sale for buying for the funds due to IMU index inclusion.
    IMO it is likely that now that the funds should have already acquired their necessary stakes of IMU shares, we will likely see sideways SP action or even some sell down in SP until news. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.002(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $373.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $669.7K 13.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1074997 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 1209633 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.