IMU 3.53% 8.2¢ imugene limited

Excerpt from a Leslie Chong interview with Alan Kohler 1 June...

1. 4,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1331

Excerpt from a Leslie Chong interview with Alan Kohler 1 June 2021:You’ve got the B-cell immunotherapies running, led by HER-Vaxx, then you’ve got the oncolytic virus – I think you’ve got three of those, haven’t you?

Now we have three platforms, we’ve got the B-cell therapies that we just spoke about with HER-Vaxx and PD1-Vaxx; then we have the CF33, which is our oncolytic virus that’s going to be in triple negative breast cancer and then another clinical trial with various different solid tumours; then our new acquisition or our new in-licenced in product is really in cellular therapy and it works in combination with another powerful immunotherapy called CAR T, and it’s in that combination where we’ll see synergies. Shall I move onto that or…?

Yeah, that’s fine.

We’re calling that CD19. CD19, again, is another protein that’s expressed only in blood cancers. There are these powerful cellular therapies called CAR Ts and four of those are already approved for CD19 blood cancers and they offer anywhere between 60 to 90 per cent response, you can look at it as 60 to 90 per cent cure. Blood cancers make up about 10 per cent of all types of cancers and the rest, something like 90 per cent are in solid tumour. What our oncolytic virus does is it infects the cancer solid tumour cells and then it flags or expresses the CD19 so that when you add a CAR T it just eradicates it. It’s a triple effect that you’ve got an oncolytic virus that infects solid tumours. It up-regulates or expresses or flags these cancer cells with CD19 and so when you add CAR T to it, a CD19 directed CAR T in that combination, it just obliterates any solid tumours.

What does it do to blood cancers?

It’s simply, if you have the CD19 tag, the CAR Ts, it will obliterate that. If you have a blood cancer that’s already expressing CD19, if you have a solid tumour with our oncolytic virus now expressing the CD19, it would just go after it.

So what we’re talking about then is a cure for cancer?

It’s that revolutionary, I would say, Alan. This is the excitement.

How early does it have to be got, can this work at stage four or does it have to be stage one or two?

We will likely to go into really metastatic stages and those are stage four. Stage five is unfortunately when you’re literally at death’s door, you never want to be diagnosed with stage five because that just means death, unfortunately. We will put it in metastatic or really metastasised cancer types.

You’re saying that you believe your virus will kill or cure stage four cancers?

It could do, yes.

Of any sort?

Of any solid tumours that is amenable to express the CD19 with what we’re calling onCARlytics. If we put out oncolytic virus in there and it expresses CD19 and if the CAR T sees it, your genes, your cells have been reprogrammed to go after that target, then yes.

Still want to sell your shares for a lousy 30c? I don't think so!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.003(3.53%)
Mkt cap ! $600.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.6¢ 8.2¢ $1.246M 14.84M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 446526 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 535664 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.2¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 2.38 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.6¢ 8.6¢ 8.2¢ 4518456
Last updated 15.57pm 03/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.