IMU 4.00% 4.8¢ imugene limited

Hypothetically speaking ...there are X 3 possible routs for IMU...

1. 5,920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1901
    Hypothetically speaking ...there are X 3 possible routs for IMU

1. - Get Taken over
    2. - Evolve to earning income from licensing deals
    3. - Corporate implosion & fade out to just another biotech with lots of promise

1. They get bought out and all the potential good will IP value and benefits to the landscape on Oncology treatment ( assuming everything with their X 3 platforms does work as well & in such a game changing way ) get owned by some "Big Pharma " - who may utilize what they can & where they can ...and do same to extend life to their massive income streams and legacy investments in treatments and drugs ) - I suspect an incumbent " Big Pharma " who is making billions off their current drugs wont want to reinvent the wheel - they would probably bury the IMU stuff and use as and when they needed

IF there was to be a buy out that will keep most people / holders happy I suspect

( Its the " Australian Way " - and fits in with our culture of creating wealth by watching real estate prices inflate but not adding much value to anything & better to take the money and run - than have along term view ) -

Frankly if someone stood in the market at 40 cents today - they would get trampled in the rush & snare a stack of shares I suspect . - possibly enough to take the company over

2. They start generating licensing deals - and generate income streams or " a combination of Upfront payments against future licensing streams .

The reality is that generating licensing deals are still some time away I suspect ( given the very long time lines involved in clinical proof of concept ) - despite the recent excitement about C33 )

What could change that time line is " exceptional " observations of efficacy - combined with low toxicity and maybe a directive from FDA & other authorities to fast track some trials - "On their own " - I don't quite know IF that is a scenario that can happen , because the criteria seems to be about "having a solution to a problem that is currently not being serviced.

As far as cancer treatments are concerned there are plenty of "standard of Care " remedies by big pharm - that have approvals etc ets ..that in some instances have taken almost a decade to achieve & those "standard of care treatments " seem to keep evolving . Which says to me that its going to take some "Extreme " observations of efficacy on IMU products to knock the status quo off the perch .

( there may be others who can quote such a scenario )

I've always thought it would be great to have IMU treatments prescribe to "fresh" candidates ...other than people who are likely on death row ...after going through a whole series of treatments - That may happen eventually ...but I think unlikely given my thoughts above .

The Combo trials that IMU have organized - seems to me to be more about educating the world as to the potential of their IP . IMU cant beat Big Pharma thats a fact.
    I suspect somewhere behind the scenes in the cloud " Instructional " share holding - there has been "Big Phama " bullshit going on - almost impossible to prove but don't underestimate the power of the $$ to drive shifty practices

The Big Pharma they are doing it with are unlikely to be giving much credit to IMU ....and IF these trials are successful it will just allow them to beat their chest and spruke the "New Improved " version of the same old shit .

Meanwhile IF these trials are good the participating Big Pharms will know that it was IMU's IP ( so will many spectators in the industry )

- given IMU has broad patent protection in place , one would assume that IF these trials look promising for IMU - then the foundation will be set for Licensing income stream ( if not from participating Big Pharma - then some one we haven't even thought of yet .

Getting back to the longer term value of IP - would it be out of the question that the potential Licencing income from IMU could eventually get to $500 mill p/a ...or a a $billion p/a ( 3-4 years times ???? )

IF that were to happen then the value calculation on IMU would be quite simple and exciting .
    Think of a well managed company - with a whole raft of "cutting edge " technology & a culture of identifying new technologies earning $500 mill p/a in royalties

What value would the market put on IMU then -

a P/E of X 10 times = $5 bill
    a P/E of 20 times = $10 bill
    etc etc

All speculation of course and not impossible

Meanwhile many of the large shareholders holding 10 mill + of shares ....( and some much much more ) will always be tempted to take the money - because the numbers are big - irrespective of longer term potential & "return on investments etc " - Its very tempting to want to spend 20 million on a house ......if your holding is worth 10 times that amount ....... ( frankly I cant understand the values of some one who would do that ...but that's how it is )

3. Corporate Implosion

Dont underestimate the negative effect of a poorly run organization / infighting or loose
    loyalty from Staff - No need to elaborate on that point - as that scenario can lead to some huge and accelerated depreciation . Publically we haven't seen much evidence of this .

I do question why a chief scientific officer leaves what should be an exciting and rewarding enterprise after less than 2 years on board or did she not get on with others , or was she really not that good in the first place ?? ( Mind you so many people have CV's that read like they know everything - but they jump around climbing the corporate latter of mediocrity - I'm yet to read a CV that says " I am actually pretty useless & will take whay I can from this position until I find something better )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.