IMU 5.77% 5.5¢ imugene limited

Is this the Sleeping Giant?As we wait patiently (and of course...

1. 583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970
    Is this the Sleeping Giant?

As we wait patiently (and of course some of us not so patiently) for the anticipated readouts and conference
    presentations around out potential 'super stars' ie. onCARlytics, VAXINIA and CHECKvacc, we shouldn't
    overlook another of our amazing trials ... next-HERIZON.

Next-HERIZON is of course our combination trial with Keytruda (pembrolizumab), Merck's super drug and 'money-making
    machine'. And I mean 'serious money-maker'!
    This trial hypothesises that the introduction of HER-Vaxx after 1L treatment* in patients that have progressed under
    Herceptin may overcome potential resistance against Herceptin in combination with chemotherapy and can be
    continued after chemotherapy is terminated. So ... based on pre-clinical data HER-Vaxx may also synergise with
    Keytruda
    and therefore serve as a potentially better tolerated and chemotherapy-free treatment opportunity in metastatic
    patients that progressed under their previous therapy. *(1L treatment = the first treatment of a disease or 'first-line therapy).

So why the big deal?
    Well in 2020 Keytruda had sales of $14.4 BILLION. In 2022 Merck is looking at $20 BILLION plus.
    But here's the rub ... Merck's key patent on Keytruda expires in 2028 and we all know what this means. So what if
    HER-vaxx (in combo with Keytruda) shows greater efficacy and less toxicity? The medical world is well aware of the many,
    many side-effects that Keytruda can load onto an already very sick patient.
    The Keytruda-HER-vaxx combo, if successful, becomes an enhanced treatment. One that Merck would be desperate to
    have - both to further increase sales, but just as importantly, EXTEND the life of the treatment via an extended expiry date.

This would be a jackpot for IMU. I would expect that IMU would receive a very, very healthy offer from Merck.
    And all this with onCARlytics, VAXINIA and CHECKvacc 'up our sleeve' so to speak. Its rather easy to see how PH
    had no trouble raising an additional $80 million in a somewhat challenging market.

I still believe the sky is the limit for IMU - just some more patience required.

Not financial advice of course and please do your own research.

Last edited by Outlander2: 02/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.003(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $404.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.7¢ 5.2¢ $802.5K 14.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 348447 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 1214875 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.