IMU 4.00% 7.2¢ imugene limited

Thought I would show IMU holders a hopefully interesting...

1. 735 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 923
    Thought I would show IMU holders a hopefully interesting comparison to show the path to riches is not always clear, the market is full of sharks and manipulators and valuations sometimes get smashed. Clinuvel and Imugene are really interesting to compare, CUV is where IMU hopes to be in the future and they are printing cash right now with no competition and a Phase 3 running in a blockbuster, but CUV have been heavily manipulated and shorted for many years - just check out the current valuations of the two companies. I think Imugene is doing pretty well but things are going to take time and patience is required.

So two great Aussie Biotechs in the drug development game, Clinuvel more advanced with a FDA, EMA, TGA approved drug and Phase 3 running in a blockbuster indication - Vitiligo - while IMU running several Phase 1 and 2s. Interesting market cap valuation comparison as IMO CUV much closer to achieving approval in a blockbuster than IMU is with their future blockbusters. The Clinuvel blockbuster Phase 3 for Vitiligo is also only as an added indication to an already approved drug so safety well established, and the approval process much easier than a new drug approval.

Imugene:
    Revenue HY ended Dec 2023: $0
    Net Loss for HY D2023:-$68.7M (loss)
    CASH ON HAND$139 MILLION(end of Dec - would be less now)
    Market cap.
    765 Million AUD

Clinuvel (CUV)
    Revenue HY ended Dec 2023: $35.7M
    Net Profit after tax HY D2023:$11.0M (profit)
    CASH ON HAND$175 MILLION (probably ~ $180M by now)
    Market cap.
    765 Million AUD

Also worth noting the December half year results just released is seasonally MUCH weaker than the current second half year with Clinuvel. Clinuvel did achieve double digit growth (it's not like they were ever priced for perfection) so full year results will be a very healthy profit (~$30 - $40M) and cash pushing towards $200 Million. IMU proving much more adept at attracting investor interest than CUV despite no blockbuster phase 3 running like the CUV has with Vitiligo P3, but that may change now with this massive buyback signal of support to investors. Also no competition for CUV in cash cow small disease EPP for many years and future Vitiligo profits will all go to CUV shareholders, there is no sharing with Big Pharma via royalties, milestone payments etc.

Also as I mentioned with shorting and manipulation with CUV (and IMU holders are no strangers to this phenomenon) the Clinuvel management has recently decided to address this via a share buyback which has just started - 2 days ago - so hopefully things look up from here for both great little biotechs.

ALL IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
-0.003(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $523.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 6.8¢ $2.582M 36.43M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 740718 7.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 412841 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.52pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.1¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 4.83 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.4¢ 7.4¢ 6.8¢ 18296432
Last updated 15.01pm 13/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.