COI 0.00% 19.5¢ comet ridge limited

Why Invest in Comet Ridge (COI) - New Investors

1. 517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    I feel obligated to provide detailed info in a summarised way for new investors about my favourite micro/small cap stock atm, Comet Ridge (COI).
    Lowish risk, high upside situated in an area
    desperate for gas supply, domestically and internationally (LNG). I have also put Comet Ridge to a number of fund managers who are now looking at it closely, I also note, PURE AM, Wilson AM, Chester AM are all invested and Perennial have commented couple months ago they believe COI will be acquired this year.
    Also spoken with a fundie recently who will be looking to take a position.

Rumours on the street are Gina Rinehart will look to take COI private this year.

COI
    - Recently capital raised and has $22m net cash on hand to fund next stage of FEED, FID - from my discussions with Comet management, this was done as STO is pushing for next stage i.e. STO want to progress the project faster (unlike how STO's been with Dorado and CVN)
    - East Coast Gas Market is in dire straits, supply / demand dynamics favours progressing gas assets (COI's 60% Mahalo JV Interest & 100% interest of the 3x Mahalo North tenements)
    - Dataroom is open as confirmed by the company where funding prepayments are being discussed (Gas buyer pays Comet Ridge up-front to fund Comet Ridge into the FID and beyond - basically Gas buyer covers costs to get Comet Ridge into production sooner, at higher rapidity and more efficiently) - Commercial discussions are in Due Diligence stage
    - Spot & Contract prices on East Coast market are elevated, $12/GJ now the floor price and acting as an anchor for future GSAs (Gas Sale Agreements)
    - Mahalo JV with STO well-advanced and is at Concept Select Phase due imminently with FEED stage then FID due within next 6 or so months (Interest: COI 57% / STO 43%)
    - GSA just signed with Cleanco (Government-owned entity, shows you how desirable gas is)
    -MoUs signed with Orica for Gas Supply & Jemena for pipeline to be connected to QGP (Queensland Gas Pipeline)- 175PJ of 2P gas reserves still uncontracted which leaves room for an acquirer of Comet Ridge (or their assets) to negotiate deals with supply / demand dynamics in their favour i.e. deals may be struck at $14-15 / GJ moving forward, rather than at or below $12 price cap (most gas companies are being exempt from the govt's $12/GJ price cap, which is ironically causing $12/GJ to be the price 'anchor' or 'floor' rather than a cap and Comet Ridge is one that has been exempted...)
    - Close to existing pipeline infrastructure which is even more compelling for an acquirer
    - STO's GLNG LNG Plant is well-below nameplate capacity as has been written a lot of late and so COI would be the suitable acquisition for STO as they can connect the gas to GLNG. This may mean Comet's Mahalo assets could trade in-line with international gas prices as LNG will influence their LNG supply
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6031/6031322-dba7da8bbe30bf3cdb7a2ff445085246.jpg https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6031/6031325-ec3c568d566283560aac9b7383b0f1fe.jpg

See here where the fellas on Money of Mine discuss the East Coast market - the link should take you straight to the chapter where they discuss it - but if it does not, go to (1:04:56) 1hr 4min in...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3mwINwANT1Tiw1rQKlOWWR?si=pcMqAVXcRx-RO0mbXSh3KQ&t=3896

COI discussed here at (00:56:00) - 56 min mark
    Cleaning CONVERTIBLE NOTES – with Dan Porter (youtube.com)

I feel it necessary that people are shown a path to the best Aussie energy plays possible.
    Sometimes I find myself thinking how lucky we are to be able to invest in companies with exposure to assets like the Mahalo gas project JV and Mahalo North.. Many undoubtedly will agree.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $216.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 19.0¢ $120.9K 626.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 77016 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 536264 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 19.0¢ 172089
Last updated 15.56pm 06/05/2024 ?
COI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.