URA 5.56% 1.7¢ uran limited

Thought I would re-post this.UKRAINEUran entered into an...

1. 44 Posts.
    Thought I would re-post this.

UKRAINE

Uran entered into an agreement in December 2006 with two key State agencies involved in uranium mining in Ukraine. The agreement, with The Department of Fuel and Energy of the Ukraine and VostGOK, covers the Surskoye and Gurevskoye uranium deposits, which are located in eastern Ukraine between Dnipropetrovsky and Zheltye Vody which is the site of VostGOK’s uranium processing operations.

Subject to completion of a positive final feasibility study, Uran was expected to lay the foundations for transition to uranium production in 2007. However due to the political situation in the Ukraine, the feasibility study never commenced. This is the major reason for the decline in the Share Price. Now, 1 year later, Uran can proceed with the feasibility study. Given the timelines on the announcement dated 18/12/06 (see announcement) it is possible that Uran may be in production by late 2008.

What's important to realise is that the 2 Ukraine projects have already had Feasibility Studies performed on them in the 70's and 80's - and back then these deposits were economically viable. Uran has announced that they will be undertaking Final Feasibility Studies on these deposits (which will include some minor drilling) to satisfy JORC requirements.

In other words, these deposits are definitely production opportunities...should Uran exercise their right under the agreement following the FFS.

Apart from this agreement, Uran has undertaken to prepare a proposal on participation in a consortium to acquire 50% interest in the large underground Novoconstantinovskoye uranium mine.

Discussions are also underway on possible participation by Uran in other uranium exploration and mining projects in Ukraine.

BULGARIA

In August 2007 Uran lodged three applications for licences over a number of known uranium deposits in Bulgaria. Two exploration permits are over the Pravoslaven, Tristilnik, Manhole and Belozem uranium deposits and the other application over the Tenevo-Okop area which covers a number of uranium deposits. It is unlikely that these would be considered until after the first quarter of 2008 which has passed which means news could come anytime now on them.

KAZAKHSTAN

Uran signed a Memorandum of Understanding in September 2007 with two key governmental agencies in Kazakhstan to facilitate the acquisition of advanced uranium projects in major uranium mining regions within Kazakhstan. Under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding, the parties will exchange technologies to do with uranium, select a technology, and establish a joint venture to acquire licences for exploration and mining of uranium in Kazakhstan. See announcement for more info.

URAN EXPLORATION PTY LTD (UPEL)

Uran Limited announced on 25/03/08 that it has formed a new subsidiary to take advantage of low-cost non-uranium opportunities. This subsidiary company will initially focus on tungsten projects.

UPEL entered into an option agreement to aquire the Finley Basin tungsten project in USA whereby UEPL has paid US$10,000 for a three-month option to carry out due diligence. UEPL can acquire 100% ownership of the project by payment of US$165,000 plus a 1% net profit royalty. See announcement for further info.

I will go through Czech announcements when I get a bit of time. YOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.