URA 5.56% 1.7¢ uran limited

Here is a quick rundown of activities in Czech Republic that I...

1. 44 Posts.
    Here is a quick rundown of activities in Czech Republic that I said I would post.

CZECH REPUBLIC

In February 2007, Uran submitted a proposal to DIAMO, the state enterprise responsible for mining, to acquire an interest in the Rozna underground uranium mine. This proposal was knocked back by the Czech Republic. Uran is the preferred partner should Diamo decide to extend the mine life. See below announcement.

"23 March 2007
    Deputy Minister Confirms Ongoing Discussions Regarding Rozna Uranium Mine - Uran seen as favourite partner for future mining

A meeting was held in Prague in March 2007 with the Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry, Mr Tomas Hunar, regarding participation by Uran Limited in various uranium deposits in Czech Republic, including Rozna. At that meeting Mr Hunar confirmed that newspaper reports had not correctly represented the position of the Ministry on participation by Uran Limited in any future mining at Rozna, and agreed to provide a letter clarifying the Ministry’s position.
    A letter has now been received from the Ministry confirming that it intends to recommend that Rozna be permitted to continue operation after 2008. Should state
    enterprise DIAMO be successful in defining further uranium reserves this would provide a basis to define conditions for participation in future mining. Mr Hunar advises that on the basis of the long-term interest shown by Uran Limited, and the technical and economic reviews carried out by the company, the Ministry continues to view Uran Limited as “the favourite” partner in any such future mining. Further meetings are planned to be held with DIAMO in April."

In September 2007 Uran received high grade results from trial sorting of Pribram waste dumps in the Czech Republic. High grade results up to 0.39% and 0.41% U3O8 were received. Planning has commenced for further bulk sampling, drilling and metallurgical work to evaluate the economic potential of the waste dump. The current results are seen as encouraging, particularly as the sale of the “clean” gravel covers the cost of collection, transport and processing. Agreement in principle has been reached with state enterprise Diamo to toll treat any economic concentrates produced from sorting at Pribram, through Diamo’s Rozna
    uranium plant.

In late January 2008 Uran lodged 5 new applications for Exploration Permits. Two applications being Osecna-Kotel and Plouznice. The difference this time is that Uran lodged its applications through Urania Mining s.r.o. (a wholly owned Czech subsidiary company). Uran is waiting for a decision on these applications at the moment. New applications were also lodged at this time by Urania Mining over areas to Veznice, Jamne and Polna.

Uran is currently engaged in a substantial public relations program in the Pribslav area in order to obtain support from the local community to the grant of Uran’s applications.

Hope this helps
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.