SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

Kevi once posted a comparison chart for Gold in USD and Gold in...

1. 4,751 Posts.
    Kevi once posted a comparison chart for Gold in USD and Gold in AUD prices. It showed the analysts were right for Gold investment for people buying with USD at an appreaciation of 40% over 10 years but showed it as purely a 'value' holder for AUD holders at 10% over same period. That wasn't the intention of his post but it stood out to me.

I wonder what the same chart would show for Silver? Maybe it's right that Silver is a better money making machine (not just a value holder) for Australians with AUD that Gold has been. I'm sure there's some brighter sparks on this website that can beat 10% over 10 years...

What works for people buying with USD may not work for people buying with AUD. I dont see that discussed much on HC probably because it goes against the grain of all the cut and pastes from US gold bull advice websites.

Rough example: assume in 2008 you had AUD 10,000 at 0.6exchange to 6000USD, at 700USD an ounce you bought 8.6ounces. Now sell those ounces at 1500 USD you get 12,900USD at exchange of 1.1 with AUD you now have 11,700 AUD, profit 1,700 over three years is 5.6%pa. Like i said i'm sure there's brighter sparks that can beat 5.6%pa with something else. But they definitely preserved their cash value which is what we generally know gold to be right?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.