AGL 6.44% $9.92 agl energy limited.

agree with previous posters comments1. ORG takeover failure...

1. 3,850 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406
    agree with previous posters comments
    1. ORG takeover failure makes it very clear how a substantial holder can derail a bid... just like grok did to AGL.

2. one would think a failed ORG bid may make AGL worth a revisit... but perhaps they may go it alone as a new entrant due to the green energy market reverse tender capacity scheme thing... if income can be locked in... it makes pure wholesale generation play a lot easier to do

3. current big gentailers AGL and ORG may become less appealing to due clear signals that their biggest generation assets are indeed being priced out of market and the rush for battery capacity to soak daytime solar and wind surpluses are going to eventually diminish the AM and PM peaks where coal generators currently make the cream that makes their daily operation worthwhile. (At least AGL is now participating in this space as well and has increased capacity incoming)

4. I have suggested several times recently that AGL should be priced off its dividend yield compared to global peers (~4%) ... while they do have a market leading share of retail customers - personally I see the wholesale spot market as the best guide to how revenue will be generated, that is going to be depressed by this federal new capacity that will be price capped output (and NSWs green zone auction processes before that) as per point 2... leading to less profit and a repricing of AGL to reflect the yield.

had got a few more recently at 10, but will be waiting to see if it gets back to 8.50 before getting any more

imo dyor
    Last edited by baldynumbers: 01/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.92
Change
0.600(6.44%)
Mkt cap ! $6.599B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.79 $9.95 $9.78 $24.56M 2.489M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 3450 $9.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.92 7110 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.13am 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$9.92
  Change
0.600 ( 6.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
$9.80 $9.95 $9.78 368549
Last updated 11.34am 07/05/2024 ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.