AGL 0.17% $11.92 agl energy limited.

Why is AGL down 4% today?, page-149

1. 1,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 351

I get your point. When AGL was below $6, there was peak hysteria with talk of it being 'Australia's biggest polluter.' The plan proposed by management, which I would have voted for, was to divest the valuable parts and separate them from the less desirable aspects. The burning of the brown sh*t were, so to speak, poisoning the investment well, rendering AGL uninvestable and causing superfunds to exit stage right

From my perspective, the dinosar burning side of AGL was not just worthless; it was a liability. As a standalone entity, Brown AGL might have had some value, albeit with no future beyond diminishing dividends. However, wearing my investor hat, Brown AGL could have a longer than expected payday since government after government has bungled the transition to renewables. So, by around 2030, Brown AGL could potentially hold the Victorian and NSW governments to ransom to keep the brown coal plants operating. As a global citizen, though, the reality is that coal needs to remain buried in the ground forever.

It's all water under the bridge now, but I'd still love to see a sale or divestment of coal generation ASAP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.