AGL 0.86% $10.35 agl energy limited.

Why is AGL down 4% today?, page-50

1. 4,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 860
    At $12 it was getting pretty frothy but now it's essentially back to where it was following the June profit update. I've bought my shares back and happy to hold barring any surprises.

AGL has a valuable franchise and I'm comfortable with their approach. One only has to look at their performance prior to the destructive (and fantasy) Coalition energy policy to see how profitable AGL can be for shareholders. The current energy price spike is directly due to 10 years of underinvestment due to a combination of non-existent and contradictory energy policy. They even opposed batteries for crying out loud.

The major threat I can see is the potential disruption to future investment from anyone taking seriously the Coalition's new idea butterfly of nuclear. Funny how they didn't do anything about nuclear energy in their 10 years of government. That would be because it's prohibitively expensive and wouldn't deliver a watt of power within 10 years.

Companies need consistent policy to invest and bring prices down (which AGL can profit from), the last thing we need is another fantasy muddying the waters around energy investment.
    Last edited by optimistus: 18/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.35
Change
-0.090(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $6.962B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.45 $10.46 $10.33 $19.66M 1.895M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 73116 $10.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.38 4543 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.