AGY 5.00% 4.2¢ argosy minerals limited

I can only speculate but it appears AGY has been included in the...

1. 265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 493
    I can only speculate but it appears AGY has been included in the FTSE 100 rebalance as of after trade today. If a fund / broker wanted to transfer its holdings to a european counterpart and minimise tax repercussions in Australia, it would make sense to deflate the price in the lead up to this known event. It appears this has been happening over the course of the week with quite obvious capping action occurring. The banking situation only helped the plan but it would seem is only a mask for the real trading action occurring behind the scenes. What this means from now on is a mystery to me but the fundamentals and the technical aspects of AGY remain the same. We ARE the only new carbonate producer and we ARE going to be in commercial production during the year. Incidentally, most of (all) the other brine juniors out there are spruiking DLE as their preferred process. I hope people understand that DLE is only a substitute for the evaporation process and only results in production of lithium chloride. The process of removing all the deleterious elements to produce a battery grade (or even tech grade) carbonate is a far more complex process and that is what AGY have mastered. Assuming success of DLE at some point, all of these other companies will still require a backend process to produce a saleable product which none of them have. I believe they all intend to use a third party for this but who these third parties are (apart from AGY or the other producing majors) is beyond me.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about the trading action of late but it seems to make sense to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
0.002(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $61.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.2¢ 4.1¢ $17.38K 420.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 450601 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 146892 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.