WDS 1.78% $28.74 woodside energy group ltd

why is it getting hammered today?, page-14

1. 315 Posts.
    Here's why this price action is happening (chart below).

Firstly, lakshmi - There are shorters but IMHO that is not the reason for WPL (or for that matter any other stocks) falling. WPL (and all other stocks and indexes) are just acting in their normal manner when price channels are breached. Even without shorters, normal holders would have ended up selling WPL down to the same level.

The good news is it has hit the bottom of the bottom price channel and is now below the bottom of the price band. It may still slightly breach the bottom of the bottom channel but its very very close to the bottom for now so a bounce is not too far away.

That bounce (over several months) IMO will probably be about 50%-60% - all the way to the top of the bottom channel/price band (ie. about $38-$40). At which time you can sell as it will then IMO probably fall back down to the bottom of the bottom channel.

If you don't accept what I'm saying and blame shorters or other reasons that's fine. I'm just trying to help you understand the way the market works.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.74
Change
-0.520(1.78%)
Mkt cap ! $54.57B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.18 $29.24 $28.69 $96.22M 3.337M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1473 $28.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.74 19456 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.