MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

From discussing with a number of brokers over past 6 months, the...

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    From discussing with a number of brokers over past 6 months, the resource investment (and particularly the small cap) space is very tough going in Australia. Sure things are being overlooked, and investors have a mindset that if they don't make an investment, they can't lose money. Fear rules, at the moment, and it's understandable (oil down over 50%, iron down over 50%, BHP under $30, RIO in the mid $50s). And people (like Adriano above, not that I'm hassling him for it) are essentially saying the sector is so stuffed, it might go lower, and I'll wait until they are a give-away price. And in that climate of fear, even positive news is not being rewarded.

I make that point because if MNS were to spend more time engaging with brokers, they would likely be wasting their time (for now). I'm heavily invested into KNL (but also a small amount in MNS), and I know what they have been doing in terms of getting the message out there, and a lot of it is frankly wasted. There is a mismatch between FA and current shareprices, but you cannot be an island of paradise in a sea of sh*tstorms. It's much better that MNS directors put their heads down, bums up, and just work their clackers off ticking off more boxes. I've only got a small MNS holding, but will look to increase that once the directors get further along the path. Finance is key for me. Not the share price doldrums. MNS will be unlikely to get a massive boost to the share price during such wider market volatility and negative sentiment.

However, once the wider sea of sh*tstorms calms down, then the island paradise will start looking a lot more appealing.

And instead of talking to brokers, I'd prefer the directors to give more guidance on the offtakes. In case they hadn't noticed, they've signed the largest off-takes for graphite in the world. They should expect to put a bit more detailed info out about them (and perhaps they will, in due course).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.