CCP 1.07% $15.11 credit corp group limited

Why Is Share Price Tanking?, page-243

1. 4,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1229
    There are hundreds of debt collectors in Australia – 350 to 500, depending on who is included. The 500 tally may include some large in-house functions that are members of a debt-collection association, rather than being stand-alone firms. I tend to think of about 350 as the the number. One more debt collector would not impact the sector much, IMO. If you poke about https://www.acdba.com/index.php you will find information on the sector.

Indebted is a collection-for-a-fee business, it does not buy debt. CCP operates in the collection-for-a-fee field too. Although that is a significant business, excluding what it does for CCP itself it is relatively small compared to CCP's total business. CCP's PDL business and the unsecured loan business are charged for the service at commercial rates. CCP probably only contracts collection-for-a-fee services to large debtors, e.g., the likes of the ATO, but not the ATO specifically. CCP may not wish to provide that style of service to the vast body of commercial entities operating in the economy, so that leaves niches for smaller firms. As an aside, some entities that contract out debt collection as a service require strict security, and disallow the service to be performed abroad. I think CCP has an approved secure facility in Adelaide, and perhaps elsewhere, and CLH has one in Brisbane.

The articles in the press suggesting that being nice to debtors is a unique-to-Indebted discovery, and peculiar to Indebted. This is crap that lazy journalists have obtained from Indebted's press releases, IMO. If Indebted has an app that CCP would like, CCP could simply outsource the development of a similar app, or buy Indebted as an entity, and morph it into CCP's collections-as a-service business. CCP has absorbed a number of firms in that field over the years. I am aware of: two (one in Malaysia) bought from Pioneer Credit before it floated on the ASX; the NCML business that was owned by TGA; and a significant collections-as a-service business as part of the Baycorp acquisition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.11
Change
0.160(1.07%)
Mkt cap ! $1.028B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.00 $15.32 $14.94 $4.987M 329.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 41 $15.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.12 1181 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CCP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.