Not All Bad! This Sydney Tradie Is Saving 35 Bucks A Day On...

1. 29,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Not All Bad! This Sydney Tradie Is Saving 35 Bucks A Day On Darts
    While swathes of NSW (Newcastle, Sydney And Wollongong) battle through a thick blanket of smoke, one local man is quietly revelling in the conditions.

Despite the fact smoke and bushfires have affected huge parts of NSW and Queensland for months, the smoke lying over Sydney has caused quite a scene.

28-year-old Phil Evans (or ‘Carrot’ as he’s known on-site) says he’s not minding the smokey Sydney air at all.
    “Mate, obviously a lot of blokes on site have asking the unions to shut it all down. But I don’t reckon it’s too bad,” explained the pack a day smoker.

“Obviously I’m not saying that publicly, cause I’d like to be parked on the couch playing the PS after a couple of hot ones as much as the next bloke.”

“But just quietly I’m saving a bit on darts,” said the eligible young bachelor taking a big old deep breath of Sydney air, which some were saying is the equivalent to consuming 37 ciggies a day.

The concreter said he hasn’t had to buy a pack of lung lollies for nearly a week now.

“The dream is that they shut down the site again, I get paid to go home, and then I just pop outside for a quick organic dart and we roll into the Chrissy break,” he said.

“There’s not supposed to be much rain till May say this might go on for a while. Could be a real money saver.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.