A2M 1.49% $6.81 the a2 milk company limited

Why is there a baby formula shortage?

1. 484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    Two things:  A2M went too high too fast.  It's called a bubble.  Today it looks like another 5 or 6% more down, which is less than some in the same space (AHF for instance) so I am remaining positive. although it wouldn't surprise me to see a drift down to 1.50-1.60 before the next results announcement.

Secondly, the baby formula shortage, specifically in China.  While there may be more supply coming on as investment flows into dairy, I read an interesting article (Nov SBS website) "Baby formula shortage: Why do Chinese women shun breastfeeding?"

Chinese mothers have one of the shortest duration of breastfeeding in the world, for reasons that you can read about in the article if you want.  These are long term issues, social issues.  It's not going to change anytime soon.  It's not only about the rising middle class wealth and the distrust of Chinese baby formula, it's about a probable baby boom in China with the dropping of the one child policy combined with the falling off of breastfeeding.
    http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...rtage-why-do-chinese-women-shun-breastfeeding

It gives me faith in the long term profitability of companies such as A2M.  Their main problem will be adding enough production to keep up with the demand.

Happy New Year everyone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.81
Change
0.100(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $4.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.72 $6.84 $6.70 $10.26M 1.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9090 $6.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.81 17768 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.