"HorsaAre you not capable of ACKNOWLEDGING the effect of the...

1. 1,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 410
    "Horsa

Are you not capable of ACKNOWLEDGING the effect of the English invasion of Australia upon the indigineous people?

Just a simply admission?

Is that possible?

Or are you like Johnny Howard, unable to say "sorry"? "

==>

Should the English ask the Scaninavians and Vikings to apologise for invading Englnd?? ... Give it a break.

Over time, just about every country has invaded one another. The Spanish were quite good at arriving in Sth America and eradicating entire masses.

The fact that Australia has pretty much no history, means that we have to focus on the English 'Invasion' of Australia. Give me a break.

Based on what you are saying, the entire world should set aside an 'Everyone and country has to apologise to every other country day' [EACHTATEOCD] for stuff that happened centuries ago. Give it a break.

It's all good though; I'm always having this debate with first year 18yo idealistic left wing uni students.

... So, pick a date when every country can apologise to every country and we can set a date

Google: NanKing Massacre. If the English did that upon arriving in Australia, then I agree, we would have something to apologise about.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.